Walcott for England?

Permabanned
lol
silly season
Arsene thinks give him a chance for England in the WC even tho Arsene didn't think him worthy of a chance even in one Arsenals most low key games over the last 5 mts ?

Heskey or Fowler is less rediculous tbh

Soldato
No way, how many games has he played for Arsenal in the Premiership this season? I understand Wenger is expressing his feelings 'if' Sven called him up but I think it would be too much too soon for the boy.

Soldato
Take him, wont do any harm...even if he is part of the squad and doesnt play, cos he will be a definite for the next Euros and World Cup. He must be very good (we all know Wenger is stingy!) and i suppose he is an unknown quantity for us and everybody else!! You never know he could be the star of the world cup! :p

Man of Honour
The reason he hasn't played any premiership matches is because Arsenal have too many good forwards/wingers. England don't have such an embarrassment of riches.

That said, I still wouldn't take him for England as I strongly believe in always picking your best squad rather than to give people experience. Walcott is quite a long way down my pecking order.

Caporegime
Dtab said:
lol
silly season
Arsene thinks give him a chance for England in the WC even tho Arsene didn't think him worthy of a chance even in one Arsenals most low key games over the last 5 mts ?

Heskey or Fowler is less rediculous tbh
Fowler is less ridiculous. I'd rather take Walcott than Heskey.

Soldato
Dtab said:
lol
silly season

Don't think Arsene said give him a chance :confused:

Soldato
There was a time when he could have come in and played for a few games at Arsenal but sadly he had a shoulder injury.

Doubt he should go but be interesting to see if he did - any player thats faster than Henry must be interesting!!

Associate
i am extremely excited by svens squad...the key with players like walcott and lennon are that they are unknown quantitys on the continent, their pace will rip people apart. Exciting times, and exactly the squad i'd have picked. Well done sven for having some bottle for once.

Back
Top Bottom