• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

system failed, cpu test

Soldato
Hi,

I unplugged a few bits from my rig and then after plugging them back in I recieved the following error msg "system failed, cpu test" I only unplugged the case controllers and the PSU as I wanted to stick the wires to the case using masking tape for better air flow....

I have googled this error msg and its either the CPU or mobo apparently...I have reseated the hsf and I still got the error....

My specs:

AMD 3500
1gig ram
Asus A8V deluxe mobo
nvidia 4600 ti
2 x 200g hdd

I even unplugged everything and then basically rebuilt it and I still get the msg....

Any ideas what is causing this error?

Please help

Thanks

Soldato
OP
yeap sure have and still get nothing....

took battery out, put it on reset for 20 secs then put the jumper back and put the battery back in....

still get the woman saying "system failed cpu test"

any other ideas?

thanks in advance.....

Mul

Mul

Associate
I'm not trying to make you sound like a total fool but is the ATX12V Lead connected firmly? I had a problem getting my system to boot because the ATX12 cable was loose.

Mul

Soldato
May be a bit tedious but you could always try unplugging everything and starting again realy taking your time to ensure everything is securely connected??

Other than that it could be that masking tape you installed :p

Back
Top Bottom