NEW -Titan mode- Battlefield 2142 trailer!

Associate
It does look good - but i think they are popping these games out way too fast and not putting enough effort into the games themselves - i Have been playing BF1942/BF2 for the past 4-5 years - 1942 was brilliant then Vietnam was ok but they seemed to just rush out BF2 and not make enough maps etc.. then charge you for extra content they should have had inplace in the first place.

I really hope they do a good job with this game , but unfortunately i doubt it :(

Associate
OP
tedaC said:
It does look good - but i think they are popping these games out way too fast and not putting enough effort into the games themselves - i Have been playing BF1942/BF2 for the past 4-5 years - 1942 was brilliant then Vietnam was ok but they seemed to just rush out BF2 and not make enough maps etc.. then charge you for extra content they should have had inplace in the first place.

I really hope they do a good job with this game , but unfortunately i doubt it :(

But BF2 is killer. This game should keep things fresh. :D

Soldato
Mmmm wonder if they are going to improve lag etc when inside buildings. Can you imagine fighting inside a great hovering (and I presume perhaps moveable) object. Lagfest!
Go into a building in BF2 and have a good fight, you definately notice a slight "sliding" affect.

Looks like a laugh but I still think its got to do better to top ET:QW.

Associate
OP
FirebarUK said:
Mmmm wonder if they are going to improve lag etc when inside buildings. Can you imagine fighting inside a great hovering (and I presume perhaps moveable) object. Lagfest!
Go into a building in BF2 and have a good fight, you definately notice a slight "sliding" affect.

Looks like a laugh but I still think its got to do better to top ET:QW.

If anything Quake Wars has a lot to prove since ET is no longer top dog.

Associate
OP
FirebarUK said:
True, but ET is the older game. I think it was even around before 1942 wasn't it?

Yes but it would make an awful game for today. Bit too much reliance on nostalgia. Last time that happened we had Perfect Dark 0 whihc was hyped as the best game ever by some. :p

Judging from the details they seem to have given ET a Battlefield Modern combat makeover. I think it will be almost certainly be for consoles too judging by the choices they have made.

Soldato
Judging from the details they seem to have given ET a Battlefield Modern combat makeover. I think it will be almost certainly be for consoles too judging by the choices they have made

ET:QW is PC only at the moment. Its being made a PC game through and through then ported to consoles if they want. Ala Doom 3 which I *think* came out on PC, then took a while to come out on Console.

Associate
OP
FirebarUK said:
ET:QW is PC only at the moment. Its being made a PC game through and through then ported to consoles if they want. Ala Doom 3 which I *think* came out on PC, then took a while to come out on Console.

Quake Wars for consoles is a given. Its also sounding very BF Modern combat so far. Anyway i will buy the game as i did BF2 MC.

Crysis is another fps to look forward to.

Soldato
Does look spectacular in sense of big "barabooms" but doesn't look like there's much room for sneaking around. Then again we haven't seen other maps yet.

Associate
OP
new screens and impressions:

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149123&pid=932358

932358_20060505_screen003.jpg

932358_20060505_screen002.jpg

932358_20060505_screen001.jpg

932358_20060505_screen005.jpg

932358_20060505_screen004.jpg

sorry i missed this all.

Associate
OP
HighlandeR said:
A very highly polished BF2 mod ;)

Looking good but it cant take on the might of Crysis especially if both are released this Xmas time....

Its not competing against Crysis.

Back
Top Bottom