Polishing aluminum shuttle cover

Soldato
Has anyone here polished aluminum? I fancy having a go with my shuttle, the cover has a slight scratch on one side.. It isnt bad but im thinking it would look better if polished up like mirror

I did a quick google and found some chap had already done this and it looks very good :)

Permabanned
Yea, i saw that mod, looks awesome.

Just start with very coarse and work down. The electronic sanders will make it easier.
And metal polish is a must if you want good mirror like finish. cutting compound will make is soo shiny.

Tom

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I've seen this too.. it looks amazing however, could you handle the constant polishing when someone smears it with greasy fingers ;)

Soldato
OP
But it does look really smart when done so im going to see if I can grab an orbital sander off my old man. The only thing I wont like too much is the mess created when polishing, that black stuff is a nightmare lol

I have polished a few aluminum heatsinks and small parts so far and the results have been good. Finger marks havent been a real problem and im prepared to keep it shiny, if any marks build up I will just keep an eye on it :)

Back
Top Bottom