Google videos?

Man of Honour
I think the point of the Google Video system is to provide a universal video player system not requiring anything else but flash and no codecs etc, so therefore the systems are working hard in the background to convert thing videos to the flash system, probably anyway, but I'm probably waffling a little also.

axe

axe

Suspended
Well are you going to pay google to index all there videos in high quality? i mean it takes space and bandwith....

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

One word; Bandwidth

They have to compromise due to the mega-bandwidth usage + the fact it's in flash doesn't help much :)

Permabanned
Energize said:
Can anyone tell me why they are all crap quality?

Because people would moan if they were good quality but had to pay.

Google cannot win.

However I think Google Video is great, no need for codecs - just click and play.

Its not exactly unwatchable.

Soldato
I like it, just wish you could download the videos. Its a pain having to stread 100mb videos when you want to watch them, especially when your on a 3GB cap at peak time.

Man of Honour
Energize said:
If they used divx they wouldnt need more bandwidth.

At a guess, they don't for a good reason, and it divx probably takes up more bandwidth, unless you can prove otherwise. And again, it's a universal system, so everybody can use it on whatever browser with flash installed, to be simple.

They've probably already got videos stored with a good divx style codec in the background, to keep it small enough and of reasonable quality to watch.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom