Tony Hawks on Wii

Permabanned
anyone else thinking its going to look a little geeky standing in your front window rocking about the room with this new controller lol

Soldato
johnson said:
anyone else thinking its going to look a little geeky standing in your front window rocking about the room with this new controller lol

Why do you think the folks in the pics have there blinds shut? :p

No amount of screenshots of people playing the game are going to convey what its like, it will definitely be one of those things you have to try for yourself.

Soldato
I just can't get my head around this console.
To me, the whole point in playing games is to relax or to just sit around with mates and mess around. The concept of dancing around like i'm pilled out my box, so that i can try to up a kerb just doesn't appeal to me...

Seriously, it will be good for a few games but surely the novelty will ear off after a while. What's so wrong with the controllers we have nowadays? (apart from the DS2's analogue sticks being placed horribly?)

Associate
Emlyn_Dewar said:
What's so wrong with the controllers we have nowadays? (apart from the DS2's analogue sticks being placed horribly?)

Nothing! Not all Wii games will involve waving the 'Wiimote' around! (As the new controller has been dubbed since the name was revealed!)

There's bound to be lots of new Wii games that will use a standard style controller - don't forget the Wiimote can plug into a "controller shell" to give it the standard analog sticks and buttons we are all familiar with, and the Wii can also use Gamecube controllers.

Soldato
Didn't realise it could be held that way (sideways).

Wondered how the hell you were meant to get the bottom buttons :p

Wrathamon: Where'd you hear about the "shell" it clips into?

Shame the graphics on that game shown look the same (Possibly worse) as my ps2 :(

Associate
georges said:
Wrathamon: Where'd you hear about the "shell" it clips into?

Nintendo talked about it last year when they unveiled the new controller - it was mentioned in the same speech.

IGN made a MOCK UP picture of what it would be assumed to be like as Nintendo didn't reveal any photos etc of it. Here's the IGN article from last year (with the mock up piccy):

http://uk.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

"Q: What does the conventional controller cradle/shell do?

A: This add-on makes it possible to play Revolution games in a more traditional manner. The shell is designed to look and function like accepted "regular" controllers, such as the Wave Bird. After its bottom casing is removed, the Revolution's free-hand-style remote is inserted into a gap in the middle of the controller shell. Gamers can then use the shell as they would a traditional controller, with a notable difference: the pointer remote's sensory functionality remains active. As a result, gamers get the best of both worlds: more buttons and two analog sticks along with motion-sensing operations. In a Revolution version of Madden Football, gamers might be able to use the combo to control players with the shell's analog sticks and execute pinpoint passes with the pointer's improved accuracy.

Nintendo has not yet released official imagery of what the controller shell might look like. However, we've created a mock-up based on what we know of its functionality. The real controller shell is likely to connect to the free-hand-style pointer in a very similar fashion. Please note that we realize our model is not entirely to scale, but this is the best we could do on short notice. "

Last edited:
Associate
Emlyn_Dewar said:
I just can't get my head around this console.
To me, the whole point in playing games is to relax or to just sit around with mates and mess around. The concept of dancing around like i'm pilled out my box, so that i can try to up a kerb just doesn't appeal to me...

Seriously, it will be good for a few games but surely the novelty will ear off after a while. What's so wrong with the controllers we have nowadays? (apart from the DS2's analogue sticks being placed horribly?)

I understand what you mean but Nintendo aren't just targetting gamers like you are they?

Back
Top Bottom