JSA experts

Permabanned
Hello.

I made my claim, filled in my forms and returned them on friday now I have to go back on wednsday to job hunt etc.

Now, My job Centre is in another town.

AFAIK I havent been paid my JSA yet, So it looks like i'm going to have to walk to the other town (I'm really lazy and dont want to walk 6 miles none stop there and back in this may sunshine)

Does anyone know when I'm likely to get my first payment? Or should I open the penny jar and make the bus driver hate me?

Soldato
could be a while, try calling them up and talking about it, iirc you can use the phone service rather than going in if you have no transport

Soldato
From what I can remember when I was on the old lazy money it took till the monday to show in my account. Hope you do more than just going to the job centre though mate.

Permabanned
OP
Well I applied for all the jobs they told me to last time, but I only posted the forms off yestaday so I think it's a bit silly going tomorrow.

At least all the jobs I applied for are in walking distance.

Associate
It should be once every 2 weeks from when you signed on. That's what mine is. :D

Does anyone get helped with the job seeking by their centres?

Mine doesn't even bother to check what i've been doing sometimes, i really gotta do more i just keep looking in papers and on the net. Applied for another job yesterday.

For some reason they said i didn't go back for 3 months and then 1 month at a time. I gotta go back on June 26th so i better have a darn job by then.

I'll be 19 in 32 days. Haven't even learnt to drive yet :( *crys*

Only reason i'm on it is because my mum's not working. I hate it. Still at least i get to save a some of it for new pc for vista.

Last edited:
Soldato
It takes a couple of weeks for it all to get sorted and for you to get your money.

The joys of the lazy bugger money, need to get back on it to milk it until the end of July :p

Permabanned
OP
Wow, that means it only takes 10 weeks of doing nothing and you can buy a nice tower unit.

Shame it takes 3 weeks of working a proper job to afford a nice tower unit or claiming JSA would be a viable carrear path for some.

(Providing you dont buy food/rent/etc)

Caporegime
Yup could be a long while, dpends on how big the backlog is, i didnt get anything for a couple of months, i phoned em up, and told em id been signing for about 2 months and got nowt yet, she said we are working through them, but were not upto that date yet, but when you get it it will be backdated, but thats no use if you have bills to pay, car to run, food to buy etc.... as you have absolutely no money whatsoever to do it with as yer have zero till they get around to your date, you'll just have to use yer savings, and then yer buggered when they run out. :D

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Yup could be a long while, dpends on how big the backlog is, i didnt get anything for a couple of months, i phoned em up, and told em id been signing for about 2 months and got nowt yet, she said we are working through them, but were not upto that date yet, but when you get it it will be backdated, but thats no use if you have bills to pay, car to run, food to buy etc.... as you have absolutely no money whatsoever to do it with as yer have zero till they get around to your date, you'll just have to use yer savings, and then yer buggered when they run out. :D

I had that back just before I got on new deal, I was away for 3 weeks holiday (pressie from ex gfs mum/dad) and had arranged everything, they knew when I would be back etc but it still took them nearly 3 months to get my JSA back flowing, I ran up so much debt in that time that I'm still paying it off now

Caporegime
VeNT said:
I had that back just before I got on new deal, I was away for 3 weeks holiday (pressie from ex gfs mum/dad) and had arranged everything, they knew when I would be back etc but it still took them nearly 3 months to get my JSA back flowing, I ran up so much debt in that time that I'm still paying it off now

Yeah its a joke, they say you have to travel here there and everywhere to find work, but how are you supposed to pay for petrol etc.... to do it. :confused:

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Yeah its a joke, they say you have to travel here there and everywhere to find work, but how are you supposed to pay for petrol etc.... to do it. :confused:

and thats IF you have a car!
I didn't at the time (had only just got my licence and was still broke from the lessions, 45 a week does not buy meny lessions anymore) and had to use BUSSES!
when your paying £2.50 each way to get to/from town its no joke.

Associate
It took me about 6 weeks but it was back dated, then every two weeks after that. I get £91 every two weeks.

I should be sorted for a job in September in the armed forces and didn't fancy getting a summer job so I had extra time to go running etc but today I got a job, no interview just a 5 second confirmation on the phone! (bar work if anyone remembers my previous thread)

Thing is, ill be bringing home about £100 every two weeks for the small shifts. Thats only an extra £10 for working! Annoying but I suppose I am doing 'the right thing' ha :o

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Yup, People seem to thing JSA is spent on alochol and booze and ciggys.

Mines just going to be spent on alcohol and transport.

EMA people have it easy :(

Soldato
Lt. Manlove said:
It took me about 6 weeks but it was back dated, then every two weeks after that. I get £91 every two weeks.

I should be sorted for a job in September in the armed forces and didn't fancy getting a summer job so I had extra time to go running etc but today I got a job, no interview just a 5 second confirmation on the phone! (bar work is anyone remembers my previous thread)

Thing is, ill be bringing home about £100 every two weeks for the small shifts. Thats only an extra £10 for working! Annoying but I suppose I am doing 'the right thing' ha :o

doing less than 16 hours? you can still claim JSA
how did you get it back dated?

Back
Top Bottom