Best torrent client.....

Soldato
Can anyone recommend me the best torrent client. I have used Bitcomet in the past but found it wasnt very fast with my new 8mb line speed!!

Since then I've been using Azereus but I've heard people say its rubbish.....

Anyone got any recommedations.....I've heard a few people say utorrent is OK??? Any opinions??

Thanks

StevieP

Soldato
I have used bitlord, but that gets bad press too!
Problem is, once I remember to change I have some torrents on the go, and then forget again!

Associate
I switched to utorrent fairly recently, it is a pretty good client, fast loading, low memory usage. No complaints, does what it has to do well.

hth,

aaazza

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I have tried a few, my top one is now Azureus. I had been using bitcomet for a while before hand, but found Azurues to be more reliable.

Caporegime
Using Azureus here, was using Torrentstorm for years, but changed to Azureus as i was getting crap d/l rates for months, Azureus is great, never had any probs with it, and i get cracking d/l speeds to. :)

CSA

CSA

Associate
Bittornado , ive used it for a couple of years now and never had issues with it , ive tried nearly every other client there is but always end up back with tornado as its soooo easy to use and has a very simple GUI :)

Soldato
uTorrent here also, used bitlord before, but tbh uTorrent is incredible effecient it barely sucks up the memory or cpu usage and its a simple to use program (providing you dont go flaffin about with advanced settings)

Associate
Azureus on my Mac. OS X is seriously lacking any decent native (eg. not Java) Torrent clients, especially with more advanced features such as RC4 packet encryption.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

E1mo said:
Azureus on my Mac. OS X is seriously lacking any decent native (eg. not Java) Torrent clients, especially with more advanced features such as RC4 packet encryption.
You got three choices...

Tomato Torrent
Transmission
Bits on Wheels

Not sure which of them offer RC4 packet encryption but they're waaaaay better than Azureus - check them out mate :cool:

Associate
I've tried all of those EVH, Transmission is definitely the nicest but is seriously lacking on the features front.

RC4 encryption is a must for anybody on a throttled ADSLMax connection.

Caporegime
Im trying Utorrent again, seems differnt to the last time i tried it, which was ohh months ago now, getting cracking rates from it though, does it matter that ive still got Azureus on my system, or is it ok as long as i dont set em both away, as i fancy seeing how this goes for a while now. :)

Back
Top Bottom