Recommend me a case please ;)

Associate
Hey,

Atm, i've got a crappy grey tower with no fans in it lol, so temps are gettin pretty high aswell as all the damn dust.

I'm looking for a nice case with maybe 2 fans? Would really like one with 2 X Blue LED flash thingys :) Maybe a see-through side. Prefably one thats reliable and easy to install and use etc.

And it can't be more than £45 inc VAT, reckon ya could help me? :)

Thanks!

EDIT

oops forgot to say, i've got 2 X IDE H/D's - 1 floppy drive and 1 X DVD/CD-RW combo thingy. And my mobo is ATX :)

Last edited:
Suspended
What type? Desktop? Mini Tower? Midi Tower? Full Tower? Colour? Requirement for 3.5" hard disc bays? 5.25" bays? Motherboard type?

Associate
OP
Oh yeah, well i've put my mobo type: ATX, colour - blue, silver or black. Erm not too sure about the case type though, suppose Midi? don't really know the different tbh, just not a midget one or a micro-atx case. Well I need space for 2 X IDE H/D's, 1 X DVD/CDR drive and 1 X 3 1/2 inc floppy drive. :)

Soldato
For a bit more cash, you can get this case (top 2) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Lian_Li_187.html

Lian-Li PC-7 PLUS Black Aluminium Midi-Tower Case (No PSU) (CA-054-LL) £57, has 2x 120mm fans, and is pretty good for the money.

Something from the thermaltake range could be more your taste though, how about the Soprano?

Thermaltake VB1000BWS Soprano SuperMidi Tower - Black (CA-015-TT)

Has a window, you could replace the fans for your own LED ones aswell, this is slightly over aswell, £50

Then theres coolermaster,

CoolerMaster Centurion 530 - Black, can be had within your budget, has one 120mm intake fan aswell, looks to be LED too :) within budget at £46

Your other option is to buy a snazy case second hand

Soldato
PC7 is very highly regarded on these forums.

Controversial post now from me, depending on your spec and tastes, the Thermaltake Mambo could be exactly what you are looking for, well within budget and not a bad case.

The Jeantech Phong is also one you may consider. Depends if you cant budge from the £45 and if that has to include delivery or not really.

PC7+II is the best case up to £100 in my opinion, the Eclipse 62 takes over from there.

Suspended
Only thing I don't like about the LL Plus 7 is the solid sheet metal piece blocking access to the PSU connectors/top drive bays. I have a case that's very similar and it's a right pain to use. The 5.25" bays metal piece should go straight up. If it needs more strength a steel brace will be sufficient.

Soldato
The PC7+ is a joy to work with, remember the PSU has a removeable plate on the back, so it does not matter about its side being solid, I do not really see where you are coming from.

Suspended
This bit, I would want that area to be open, like my TJ08. Like I said I have a similar case with large metal sheet going from rear to the front, covering access to the drive bays. It's difficult to mess around with upper bays with all components fitted (and without sliding out the drives either) I don't know what case it is (purchased system from a computer now bankrupt, they were one of the first shops to sell CD-writers and stuff) in fact it's easier to use because it has a hole in the middle

image019.jpg

It's very similar to my Silverstone TG08, albeit bigger :)

Associate
Yewen said:
The PC7+ is a joy to work with, remember the PSU has a removeable plate on the back, so it does not matter about its side being solid, I do not really see where you are coming from.
Agree totally, the support accross the top is a non-issue. Unless your into 4 5.25" devices at which point ANY case will be a pain. In fact the PC7 is MUCH better than most in that the PSU cables have nothing to impede them. Most cases are a pain in that area due to the PSU sitting on a tray which stretched into the 5.25 bays forcing you to route the cables through holes.
Plus the PC7 is longer so your observation really is a non-issue, makes the case look neater too :).

Soldato
It was a lanboy, ive answered this question twice in a row for him. Only fair as he seems to like replying to FAO Yewen threads before me. :p

Back
Top Bottom