20" VA2012W

Soldato
Well i got this monitor with my new computer... had it about 2/3 weeks, and i just poped on a dvd and all of a suden this red spot apeard..... so i have developed a Dead pixel that is red.... and very anoying after only 2/3 weeks of use.... is there anything i can do :(?

Associate
If its red, its counted as a sub-pixel and doesn't qualify for the Viewsonic Zero Dead Pixel Policy.
I have the 19" version of the monitor and have 2 dodgy sub-pixels (greenish colour) but to be honest, they are right at the edges of the screen and I can't even see them when i'm looking for them most of the time.

Soldato
OP
This shows up watching films......playing games..... most anoying when ** sneaking in oblivion and this evil dot is looking at you

Soldato
A dead pixel is a fault, what ever way the manufactuer wants to call it. I always buy over the counter with lcd`s, and thus a great advantage when returning it for a dead pixel, because the sales staff / manager are not prepared for fisticuffs. If its not perfect, its a fault.. end of !

Soldato
OP
I turned my monitor off for a few hours, and the pixel came back to life....however its just come back red again... any idea how to cure this?

Permabanned
Have you tried rubbing the area and turning the monitor off and on at the same time?

Also try resetting your DVI cable and checking if static is at the back of your monitor. If so get something metal and wave it around there!

Man of Honour
if it sometimes shows it sounds like a lazy sub pixel. Gently massaging or flicking the pixel can sometimes help, and you've already tried running various pixel recovery programs which simulate plenty of change requests to the pixel to try and bring it back to life. The VS dead pixel policy doesnt extend to dead / lazy subpixels on the VA range at this time afaik.

Soldato
OP
Baddass said:
if it sometimes shows it sounds like a lazy sub pixel. Gently massaging or flicking the pixel can sometimes help, and you've already tried running various pixel recovery programs which simulate plenty of change requests to the pixel to try and bring it back to life. The VS dead pixel policy doesnt extend to dead / lazy subpixels on the VA range at this time afaik.
Then i only prey it starts working....or dies so i can get a replacement.... red is a very anoying color to have stare at you while you sneak up on a guard :D

Back
Top Bottom