Explosion in north tyneside

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Crikey, the house is *gone*.

Pity the blast didnt take those directions. Pretty sure it would have been quieter by the time it got to your house if it did. :p

Associate
:eek:

I've just moved into Princes Street which connects perpendicularly to Grey St. Didn't hear it though, must have left for work by then.

Hope I can get home fairly easily tonight :( Also it's a great shame that someone died. I hope it wasn't down to the fault of the tenant, but it's a nasty way to go.

Edit: Just looked at the time it occured - I must have passed it only minutes before the explosion :eek:

Soldato
Sic said:
crikey. wonder what caused that.

My first guess would be gas. I remember the local VG stores blowing up in Saundersfoot years ago. The expolosion was so powerful that it blew boxes of soap powder onto the beach a good 500 yards away. There was absolutely nothing left of the building. The shock wave echoed around the village and put windows out of shops that were hundreds of yards away on different streets. I seem to remember that it even smashed the windows of the St Brides hotel which is up on a cliff overlooking the harbour. The amazing thing was that the gas engineers had just been into the building and had come out for a tea break when the fridge clicked on and a spark set the whole lot off. about 2 minutes earlier and there would have been two very dead gas engineers in the ruins.

Back
Top Bottom