Fed up with it!

Soldato
I've only been following E3 since last year and my moan applies then as it does this year.

Why all the pre-rendered and CGI footage?

I can understand why game publishers/console companies do it but as a gamer, I just want to see what the game looks like when I actually play it.

Do they have such little confidence in their products that they have to churn out hours of pre-rendered footage in order to make it look good?

I just hate seeing awsome footage only to finally get the game and discover it looks nothing like it.

Sorry, needed a moan.:p

Soldato
OP
Let me explain:

1. CGI. We all know what this is. Not using the in game engine and apart from cut scenes in the game, you won't be seeing these visual when you play.

2. Pre-rendered. This is a scene using the in game engine to render it. Its not gameplay footage in that it hasn't been recorded with somebody actually playing it as you would when you play the retail copy. The scene is completely scripted and controlled by the people who made the demo. The can have total control of camera angles, lighting, objects on screen etc. Places less demands on the hardware.

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
2. Pre-rendered. This is a scene using the in game engine to render it. Its not gameplay footage in that it hasn't been recorded with somebody actually playing it as you would when you play the retail copy. The scene is completely scripted and controlled by the people who made the demo. The can have total control of camera angles, lighting, objects on screen etc. Places less demands on the hardware.

There was a lot more of this than CGI this year (least from sonys POV. but for some reason people are letting MS away with Pre Rendered and not Sony.

Soldato
yeah Halo 3 - Not in game who cares, i aint seen the GoW yet so cant really comment, dunno how much gameplay is involved.
FFXIII not in game who cares.
yet people get all defensive 'but its in game' 'but it aint really'
the only games that can really get away with it almost is MGS as the MGS games have so many cut scenes in it anyway lol

was there any word on killzone 2 at this E3???

Soldato
OP
GOW was completely in game footage. Absolutely amazing stuff.

I'm not convinced with MGS. Until I see gameplay footage (AI, Enemies etc) then the jury is still out on that one.

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
GOW was completely in game footage. Absolutely amazing stuff.

I'm not convinced with MGS. Until I see gameplay footage (AI, Enemies etc) then the jury is still out on that one.

I'll need to DL that, my only concern about GoW is its 3rd person lol

BUT ITS MGS!!!!!!! u knows its gonna rock, well 2 sucked but as long as u play as snake it will rock lol

Associate
GuruJockStrap said:
I've only been following E3 since last year and my moan applies then as it does this year.

Why all the pre-rendered and CGI footage?

I can understand why game publishers/console companies do it but as a gamer, I just want to see what the game looks like when I actually play it.

Do they have such little confidence in their products that they have to churn out hours of pre-rendered footage in order to make it look good?

I just hate seeing awsome footage only to finally get the game and discover it looks nothing like it.

Sorry, needed a moan.:p
yeah well i think u can moan for a few more days yet lol

Soldato
JUMPURS said:
There was a lot more of this than CGI this year (least from sonys POV. but for some reason people are letting MS away with Pre Rendered and not Sony.

I didn't watch the whole MS presentation as I almost fell asleep at my desk but just about everything I saw was in game.

Halo 3 of course is not in game (Yes it's done using the engine but it's just scripted) but I can't think of any others shown that weren't.

I've yet to watch the Sony or Nintendeo presentations so I can't comment on those at all.

Soldato
wyrdo said:
Worth picking them up cheap you reckon? Not sure I'd have much chance to play them but I'd have a go.

/back on topic

Definitely
MGS:Twin Snakes for the Gamecube(or the original for PS1-depends on how cheap you mean)
MGS2:Substance(includes VR missions+other stuff) you should be able to pick up cheap then MGS3(Subsistence((new camera angle and lots of extras including online play)) is coming out soon)

Back
Top Bottom