Whiteheads?

Associate
Firstly, I would like to say sorry as this will be my second topic in the space of 2 days which involves vanity. :p :D

Other than a the odd spot on my face, I seem to have whiteheads and they have recently started to get worse. Whiteheads are little salt grain sized (or smaller) white/yellow bumps on the sides of my nose and just under my eyes, apparently in a way they are the opposite to blackheads, as whiteheads are when the pores of the skin are closed up but there are dead skin cells/stuff stuck in there. Anyway, anyone have this problem? What do you do to treat it?

Thanks very much. :)

Associate
OP
Noooo, I've read that's not the way. There are special products, and squeezing the existing ones is hardly a form of prevention.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Wash your face?

Seriously, carbolic soap works wonders. If you don't want to use that, buy some OXY or Clearasil stuff.

Temp solution is to attack the blighter in a mirror :p

Man of Honour
When I was younger I used to wash my face with all sorts of things like clearasil and oxy and I still got hundreds of white/blackheads.
Now I just wash my face with water, plain old water, and my face is as smooth as babys ass. Try it for a few weeks.

Caporegime
Alchemy said:
, and squeezing the existing ones is hardly a form of prevention.

yeh its hardly a form of prevention but it gets rid of the blighters when they pop up :D

you no its a good one when you have to get a tissue and wipe the nastyness off the mirror :D

Soldato
everyone gets them at some point, you will get more at this time of year as it's hotter and you sweat more. just get the head off them in the mirror and wait til you grow out of them... i'm 27 and i still get the odd one or two

Soldato
use soap and water... or just water.

I used to be on all kinds of crap, admitadly my face hasnt completely cleared up but the spots i do get are a lot less agressive compared to when i used to cover my face in chemicals.

Drink lots of water too!

I'm 21 and i get mroe than my fair share :(

Soldato
Scuzi said:
When I was younger I used to wash my face with all sorts of things like clearasil and oxy and I still got hundreds of white/blackheads.
Now I just wash my face with water, plain old water, and my face is as smooth as babys ass. Try it for a few weeks.

Agreed although I use clean and clear exfoliating facial wash on my nose area too :) but that's just to feel clean, not convinced it does much !

Soldato
Scuzi said:
i posted this before and people griefed me, seriously i find that all these face washes and stuff actually bring out more spots

Associate
Over production of grease/sebum(i think its called), by the skin. You need to have more water in your diet as well as washing your face twice a day with just soap and water.

Back
Top Bottom