Shall i port my soundcard to my new PC?

Associate
As the title says.... I have a Philips Sonic Edge 5.1 sound card (32 bit pci) and the asrock939 Dual SATAII in my new rig, which itself has 7.1 sound although its AC '97 which i believe is on 99% of all mobo's anyway. Which should i use? I bought a soundcard a) because i wanted a better quality sound and b) because i heard having a soundcard helps off load some of the stress from the CPU.

I only have 2.1 speakers and am happy with that, so no need for 7.1 that the mobo provides... What y'all think :confused:

Associate
The extra stress it puts on the CPU is minimal.
If you're happy with two speakers, stick with onboard. I don't personally think that a PCI soundcard will offer you any significant advantage, unless you're wanting to do lots of low-latency mixing and have extra inputs.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Caporegime
russ0r said:
The extra stress it puts on the CPU is minimal.
If you're happy with two speakers, stick with onboard. I don't personally think that a PCI soundcard will offer you any significant advantage, unless you're wanting to do lots of low-latency mixing and have extra inputs.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, though.

A good soundcard like creative soundblaster can blow you away with the effects of eax hd etc.

Not sure if that card supports it though.

Back
Top Bottom