• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900GTX OC 512Mb NV4_disp problem

Associate
Hi people!!!

just built a new system, installed graphic card (7900GTX OC 512Mb) everything seemed fine. Playing games like BF2, COD 2, FarCRy etc (yes i like FSP's).

This problem started when playing for a while, image starts to flicker (someone called them artifacts) when i leave the game the desktop flashes slowly every few seconds. I've also had a blue screen with this NV4_disp the device was caught in a continuous loop.

Is it the graphics card that is faulty or is there anything else i could try (i have uninstalled added new drivers etc) i'm trying to avoid sending it back and waiting 2 weeks for a replacement. :)

Associate
Sounds like dodgy memory to me. I had a couple of 7900GT's that were doing the same thing, sometimes would run fine for hours, sometimes crahs after just a few mins. If i tried to oc just the mem leaving the core at stock in coolbits then the screen would flash on and off, i'd get little coloured dots all over the screen and have to reboot. here's the thread for mine...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17568017

Theres a link in there to an article that says the OC cards that were sold on the 7900gtx side of things didn't have enough headroom for the oc they were sold with. I'd RMA it if i were you, i did an managed to get a full refund on both the cards.

Associate
Hey mate. I got a refund from the place i got mine from and bought a pair of Gainward 512mb GT's from here. Just wacked them in and apart from one of coolers making a whining sound everything is great! actually completes the detect optimal frequencies test now and am rock solid at 575Mhz core and 1450 mem so far, gonne really put them through their paces this weekend. Plus they're noce and red so they go with the lighting in me case! :D

Associate
OP
nice one!! i sent it back so will have to wait for a replacement any further problems and i'll ask for a refund!!!

ATI Rage3D II+DVD 4Mb that is old skool!! ;)

Associate
Wow, very impressed with BFG's RMA service.

Send the card to them on Friday, received replacement lunchtime today (Tuesday). Also happy to announce the problems are solved. Games actually exit more cleanly, too.

Associate
OP
yeah i sent it back, they received it monday and i got one on tuesday!! heehee same bloody card i thought! well it has tested on it so i wil test tonight, problem games for me were tomb raider and cod 2 :)

Back
Top Bottom