• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Max monitor size for 7900GT?

Permabanned
At the moment i run on a 19" TFT with a 7900GT, Opty @2.8, 2 GB mushkin ram. I'm wondering what size of monitor would be the max to be able to use this setup on games with settings all turned up for graphics like they are just now. Reason i ask this is i dont plan on buying another graphics card till perhaps after mid next year when vista/dx 10 have had time to settle and a larger monitor is something that can go with the next system when i eventually do upgrade, and will give me a significant boost in my gaming experience in the mean time.
I get a bit confused with the resolutions settings that people say certain cards run well at as 1280x1024 is the highest i've ever used and the 19" monitor is the biggest i've had, so any advise please give both resolution and monitor size so i can comprehend easily :)

Cheers.

Permabanned
OP
easyrider said:
Its the resolution not the screen size.

You are stuck at 12x10 where go above and you can get 16x12

So... i should be able to run higher res on the 19" i have just now?

Edit - Hmm forget that, tried running higher and monitor told me it couldnt do it :p

Back
Top Bottom