• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Forceware 84.66 BETA - Geforce 7 improvements

Associate
I just tried to install these drivers and the PC crashed and restarted in the middle of the install :( (I tried twice and both times crashed at the same point, just after the monitor comes back on). Went back to 84.43. Maybe it's an SLI issue.

Gangster
Permabanned
Black Dog said:
Duno about these drivers yet.

It states that the Guru3d community recon these drivers rock with 7 series but I've found no evidence of this at all in the forums.

Am I missing something?

because everytime a new driver comes out, everyone says "its ace" "best drivers for such and such card" "3dmark is way faster" e.t.c
find a recent driver for your card and stick with it untill you need to change it due to a new game playing up. eg. im still on 78.01, no problems with it and its as fast as any other.

Caporegime
tickle me elmo said:
because everytime a new driver comes out, everyone says "its ace" "best drivers for such and such card" "3dmark is way faster" e.t.c
find a recent driver for your card and stick with it untill you need to change it due to a new game playing up. eg. im still on 78.01, no problems with it and its as fast as any other.

There are faster better drivers out than the ones you are using.

However I do belive in if its not broke then dont fix it.

Associate
At the end of the day your not gona get any framerate increases unless image quality is reduced. :mad:

Most drivers are just fixes of some sort but to be honest I have never had any issues with any driver. ;)

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
why bother with beta drivers for. just wait for the officials to come out.

Thing is you could be waiting a long time for that. :) Beta's may for some people fix a specific game problem, or for the others, may give that extra 2-3fps which is better than nothing if we're talking about gaming at <30fps.

Gangster
Permabanned
Firegod said:
Thing is you could be waiting a long time for that. :) Beta's may for some people fix a specific game problem, or for the others, may give that extra 2-3fps which is better than nothing if we're talking about gaming at <30fps.

id rip my gfx card out and stamp on it multiple times if i got <30fps :D

Associate
Just tried these drivers with far cryI have not noticed much difference, I will try systools to oc this xfx 7900gtx using the auto setting. See how much extra i can squeezzee out of it
Phil

Back
Top Bottom