Sky problems...

Associate
Sorry to ask this here, but I don't know anyone else with sky, lol...is anyone else getting a Technical Fault error on all their channels, i've had it since late last night, just got in from work and it's still there...just wanted to know if it's just me before I call and complain :p

Associate
Try unplugging the box for about 15 seconds. Plug it in and it should then work. I got this the other day, and I think they may have done a software update.

Soldato
TripleT said:
It's probably just you, their boxes have a habbit of breaking, if you're outside of the 1 year warrenty then expect to be bent over and shafted for call-out fee's and or a new box / repairs :)

Enjoy :o

Actually don't.
Do one of two things.

1. Call Sky anyway. They will explain you are outside of your one year waranty and that a call out will be x and a new box (should it prove to be faulty) is y.
At this point say "That much! I think in that case I may well cancel my subscription....."
Any package at around £20+ per month will usually net you some results at this point.

2. Check EBay, buy 2nd hand Sky box. Call Sky, ask them to pair up your new box with your viewing card (no charge).

Associate
I heard of a sort of scam with buying a used sky box as some people order movies upto the the £50 limit on the box without connecting to a phone line and then sell the box on ebay, the buyer could then be charged once the box is connected to the phone line. I have never heard of anyone being charged but I read about the scam on a few sky forums.

Associate
To get sky out after your 1 year warranty is over will cost you £65. If you have a busted box, phone sky and request a reconditioned one for £49. I have even managed to bag a brand new sky+ box for £49 by saying "Someone said I can get one for £49". It is pot luck on who you get to speak to on the phone.

You only get 3 months warranty on recon units, but chances are you will get a recon for the £65 service call if you need a new unit.

Associate
Pinter75 said:
To get sky out after your 1 year warranty is over will cost you £65. If you have a busted box, phone sky and request a reconditioned one for £49. I have even managed to bag a brand new sky+ box for £49 by saying "Someone said I can get one for £49". It is pot luck on who you get to speak to on the phone.

You only get 3 months warranty on recon units, but chances are you will get a recon for the £65 service call if you need a new unit.

If you are out of your 12 month contract and also warranty, then just phone to get tech help.

They will say it costs 65, then you say sorry no way put me through to cancellations. They will and then tell them you want to stay with them but this is the last straw etc etc and they will send someone out for free.

Google it for more detailed scripts :) it does work, tried before

Back
Top Bottom