360 power supply unit.

Associate
Anyone else had a faulty 360 power supply unit?
Got back from work to find my fridge freezer defrosting and no power to my mains sockets.I quickly reset the main trippy and looked to find the cause.

Everything works except my xbox 360 :mad: :( :eek:
checked the fuse which was ok but i cant see or hear anything from the psu so i guess its borked....anyone else had a similar experience? Are MS good at replacements.

Just my luck the day lost planet demo comes out :(

Soldato
i have of dodgy PSU's but not tripping out the house as you described

ms are brilliant at sending replacements in my experience, just ring em up and i bet theryl be a new psu with you by next week

Associate
Just make it 100% clear that your current one is duff. I was looking to pick up a spare, so as to save carrying the brick around. MS informed me that due to the demand for the console they cannot sell me a spare PSU. And that they have no short term plans to make them available, either directly or through retailers!

I'm surprised no third party manufacturer has not released a PSU for the XBOX 360. Is there anything SPECIAL about this unit that prevents other compaines from making making similar speced replacements, like the joypads and AV cables.

Associate
OP
Ok i rang up MS tech helpline and they are sending me some labels/box to send my faulty psu back via UPS.They will test the psu and if faulty it will be replaced.The guy on the other end said he will immediatly send out a replacement power cord as that could be the problem.
but ive just received 2 emails saying two different parts have been sent ??

Thank you for you recent order for Xbox parts. Your order has been shipped and is on the way. Your shipping information is provided below for your reference:

CarrierName : Royal Mail
CarrierTrackingNbr :**********

lets just hope its a new cord and psu. I must admit they were pretty helpful

Associate
OP
OK I,ve receieved two items from MS
1.a power cord (not psu)
2. A BLOODY HARD DRIVE !!

What are they playing at?? :confused:
Still waiting for the labels to send my faulty psu back :mad:
Best i get on the blower again

Associate
OP
Spoke to them just now and apparently my labels will be with me tomorrow.
They said nothing about the hard drive so i,ll keep quiet about it for the time being. ;)

Why they sent me one i,ll never know :confused:

Just get the feeling these labels wont be here tomorrow :(

Associate
peter_hutson said:
I'm surprised no third party manufacturer has not released a PSU for the XBOX 360. Is there anything SPECIAL about this unit that prevents other compaines from making making similar speced replacements, like the joypads and AV cables.

It's Likely that Microsoft make a loss on the console, making *** money back on games and accesories, the PSU would have to be sold at quite a high price i would have thought, at least £50, i doubt there would be a market for it.

Caporegime
If they don't turn up, phone them up and just arrange a day for UPS to come out and pick up your faulty PSU, and send you the labels by e-mails, all you would have to do then is find a box. :)

Its a lot easier than them delivering labels, and a box, then you having to phone them yet again to arrange a pickup.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
LoadsaMoney said:
If they don't turn up, phone them up and just arrange a day for UPS to come out and pick up your faulty PSU, and send you the labels by e-mails, all you would have to do then is find a box. :)

Its a lot easier than them delivering labels, and a box, then you having to phone them yet again to arrange a pickup.

They have sent me the labels by email but i specifically said plz send by post as i have no printer to print the labels out .twice i told them this :mad:
its as if they are not listening to me ...(obviously if they send me a hard drive :confused: )

i,m hoping i may get to keep the hdd after this debacle ...but most of all i just want my 360 up and running again .

In the end of the day if they can afford to send me a hard drive they can surely afford to send me a psu.

Associate
OP
TO CUT A LONG STORY VERY SHORT :mad: :mad: :mad:

MS sent me a hard drive(dunno why) instead of a power supply but they are insisting they sent me the power supply

my xbox 360 is now useless as they wont replace my psu :mad:

These muppets do not listen :mad:

Also i dont understand why they sent me the so called psu (which is a hdd)
before i even sent them the faulty psu back !!!

I have purchased another core 360 now as i,m p**sed of with being messed about

I will be keeping the hard drive they sent me but if anyone here wants a straight swap for a uk power supply feel free to let me know.

(if thats ok with the mods)

Soldato
budge1972 said:
OK I,ve receieved two items from MS
1.a power cord (not psu)
2. A BLOODY HARD DRIVE !!

And your complaining :eek:

have you any idea how hard it is to get hold of a hard drive at the moment.....

you could shove that on ebay for a hell of a lot more than it's worth..... or keep it as a spare.

Associate
OP
orderoftheflame said:
And your complaining :eek:

have you any idea how hard it is to get hold of a hard drive at the moment.....

you could shove that on ebay for a hell of a lot more than it's worth..... or keep it as a spare.

Nowhere near as hard as it is to get a psu.

You cant buy a psu in any shop and MS wont sell me one either. :(

Back
Top Bottom