So E3 Over

Soldato
Wow what a show it was so much to see some of the games coming out are amazing. Basically what were the best things on show for you and why. ?

Ill start off with mine.

Gears of War 360 - Oh wow since i saw the gameplay footage i was blown away the scenery looks stunning and im absolutely amazed by that.

Rainbow 6 Las Vegas - Wow the visuals on this game are so sweet and it looks absolutely awesome.

new Indiana Jones- If you havnt seen any footage of this i suggest you do oh wow at the new technology they have in game and physics.

Alliance the Silent War- This looks amazing in game what you can do everything about it is superb.

more here on this game (It maybe scheduled for next gen consoles)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17574817

Saint Row X360- The GTA style game on the 360 watched some gameplay footage of that it looked superb.

Splinter Cell Double Agent X360- It looks great i havnt played much Splinter Cell before but ill definately be getting this.

Im also impressed by the Wii but its not for me really and i saw some Motorstorm in game videos on PS3 it looked great nothing like the trailer at last E3 though.

I have probably missed out a lot of stuff be interesting to here what you guys are looking forward to. :)

Soldato
I found the Wii expo to be the most fun and entertaining and deffo going to buy it this year to go with my 360, then MS expo for Gears Of War and the GTA4 news and of course Halo 3 and cannot wait for John Woe's Stranglehold, looks mental. The PS3 exp which come's last which was boring and just waffled on about how great their console is and didn't really show that much or excite the crowd that much and was WAY TO LONG, lol

For me MS and Nintendo have my vote, nothing on the ps3 that interests me for at least a few years, have heard that their version of LIVE although free will cost you for subscriptions instead - so that don't interest me either, shall wait untill it becomes a more affordable product and see how well it does because personally i see trouble looming for their console this time round

Associate
ElRazur said:
PS3 - price, time and games.

Close thread! :)

re-open thread!

Wii Wii Wii

Love that nintendo have revealed enough new info e.g: speaker in the controller, tilt sensitivity in the nunchuck controller, connect 24, lots of info on games. but still kept a few more surprises for later.

This machine, if its as good as it looks is going to change everything. :D

Even the name is growing on me. :D

PS3 did nothing for me. X360 has some cool looking games. On the PC, Spore looks pretty insane, The Spore demonstration by robin williams was hilarious.

Associate
1) Nintendo Wii looks like it is going to be superb. I think i may buy one. Not really a bit console fan though. I've only ever owned a Dreamcast and although it was fantastic (really should have sold so much better) i just didn't play it much unless i had friends over. I don't know why, i guess not having it on a TV in my room might have something to do with it though.

2) Crysis :eek: that game looks stunning.

3) ET : Quake Wars again :eek: looks stunning.

Oh and id definately be getting a 360 over PS3 now if i was into that sorta thing, the PS3 showing was poor.

Soldato
E3 for me concluded with the following:

- I AM buying an Nintendo Wii at release, they have allayed my fears that it will be a gimmick (I thought the same about the DS and went with the PSP, how wrong was I!)

- I AM NOT buying a PS3 at release at least, I'll get it when the price drops to non-insane levels and they actually have some good, original games.

- I AM getting an XBOX360 after they drop the price when the PS3 is launched.

- I will need to upgrade the PC as some point, but there was not much comming out in the near future to spur me on that front.

All in all this was the E3 for next gen consoles for me.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
1. Nintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo how can any one not want this console :D

2. Starfox DS with online play :D

3. Crysis just looks fantastic :eek:

4. i think i might get a 360 when the price drops now(i feel dirty for saying that :( ), no chance in hell im getting a ps3, 400 pound i think not. :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
MGS4,PS3 and Wii

PS3,just awesome.

From some people's reactions the games on the Wii are gimmicky but I guess we've just got to wait for the great games.It's been likened to the DS(I guess the DS was some kind of experiment for Nintendo to see how these type of console are taken to) where it was disappointing at first but look at it now,many great games

360,few good looking games,Dead Rising,GoW nothing much else.

Soldato
1) Just about anything Wii related - looks immense fun and I'm sure my name will be down for one at launch.

2) Upcoming and announced 360 titles. Gears of War looks great, and I'm extremely happy that GTA4 will be available straight away.

3) Crysis. OMG at the level going through the jungle. I probably wont play it as I have no intention of getting back into PC gaming, but it was probably the best looking thing on show IMO.

Wooden spoon mention for Sony, who showed absolutely nothing that would interest me, and the price has put me off any possible purchase I might have made at launch. I couldnt give a flip about either Blue Ray or HD-DVD on the 360 for that matter.

Soldato
The nintendo wii stole the show imo.

The console looks a lot of fun and I will be getting one on release, the ps3 was well underwhelming and at a hefty price tag I wont be buying one, 360 and wii shall do me.

Zelda on release - Im sold

If Lucas Arts made a star wars game for release where the wii controller was used as a lightsaber they would fly out the shops but I still see the wii selling very well.

Soldato
My E3

Halo 3 - Need i say more.

Gears of War - Looks fantastic, should play just as well from the footage.

Saints Row - A surprise for me as i saw it before and thought, its a GTA clone, but it actually seems to be adding some interesting game mechanics as well as our usual fun. Cant wait.

Mass Effect - Yoiks, the scope of the game and its from Bioware... will be awesome.

Splinter Cell Double Agent - Loved the first game. Never played many others. This looks like a proper sequel, even though its like the fourth one... Cant wait.

Rainbow Six Las Vegas - Looks brilliant from what they showed, really good story instead of the usual SWAT i remember going from unrelated mission to unrelated mission.

--------------------------------------

Supreme Commander - Whoa. Need a higher clearer res video of their trailer, but that is gonna be a fantastic RTS. Ambitious!

CNC 3 - Well its CNC, and i loved Generals and the others so im fairly sure this will rock too. Although with such a hardcore following in the tiberium series im fairly sure there will be uproar with whatever they choose to do.

Crysis - A truly next gen looking game, just look at that smoke and the lightning, only problem, its going to need me to upgrade my pc, a lot, and i dont want to, so heres to it coming to xbox not too long after.

Quakewars - Gameplay looks great, but again, PC will need upgrading... and i dont want to.

Soldato
I was unimpresssed by most of the Wii stuff. It looked great but reading all the impressions showed that it isn't as easy to use or intuative as Nintendo would have you believe. Only Metroid and Zelda looked great, the rest looked shallow and gimmicky.

Sony had nothing. A real lack of playable games, and they didn't even set the price for the UK. Shows how much they value us.

Microsft failed to annouce anything super amazing, but it showed loads of games. Thats the main thing, and the fact that I could play a few of the same demos at home thanks to Xbox Live, made it for me.

Yes I am bit of a 360 fan, but I was going to get a Wii at launch. Now, I think I will stick to the 360, and wait for the Wii demo pods to appear and see what reviewers think.

Soldato
E3...

GoW : W00t, looks class.
Nintendo Wii : Looks a right laugh, actually might have to get one!
PS3 : ROFL! Sony are dead in the water.
MGS4 : Might be able to save the ps3
Halo 3 : w00t
Crysis : omg :eek:

Back
Top Bottom