1st Bee Rescue 2006

Soldato
It's that time of year again. I love these little fellas
Bee1.JPG

I spotted him crawling across the kitchen floor.
Bee2.JPG

A few drops of the "Rescue Remedy"
Bee3.JPG

A pre-flight clean up
Bee4.JPG

Last pre flight checks and he was offsky to pollenate another day :cool:

Soldato
Arcade Fire said:
I remember the same thread last year! I saw a crawling bee the other day, but I had no access to anything sugary so couldn't rescue it. I will keep my eyes peeled when I'm at home.
Err..... are not bees that are on there back normaly dying because they have lost there sting and thus unsaveable?

Soldato
Bony Maloney said:
They have run out of fuel m8, sugars from nectar provide fuel for their flight :)
Hmmm instead of thinking aww :( poor thing lost its sting in future i will pick them up, walk home and give them food :D, does it work for bumble bee's also?

Soldato
OP
Andelusion said:
Is there something wrong with them when they're just crawling about? :confused:
They are knackered and out of fuel, unless they have stung and then they are dying. Most Bees I have seen that have stung are on their backs and most definitely look like they are on their way out, whereas tired Bees look just that, tired and out of energy. Either way I always try the refuelling just in case :)

Soldato
old lady down the road has 4 bee hives, dunno if she maintains em or anything but I know we always seem to have bees around
wasps too sadly :(

Soldato
OP
Hey cool 2nd one of the year :) This little fella has just taken 40mins to refuel and fly off. My arm is tired Lol. For those of you that try this don't be concerned by "petty mals" and little fits. Sometimes it takes a while for them to process the food into fuel, oh and they like to clean themselves really well before take off. Don't give up, they will fly again.
Bee5.JPG

Bee6.JPG

Jam this time!

Bee7.JPG

Back
Top Bottom