repainting bike

Soldato
Soldato
Savfe your money, take your test and sell the NSR for a bigger bike. Thats the honest advice I would give on this, it wont be cheap for a whole respray on a bike, I know it was about £100 when I had some minor scuffs sorted out on my first bike. So for a complex colour scheme like the one you want would be a fair bit of money.

Also, the bike will get scuffed again at some point, either you will fall off or stones will chip it up, then you will have a yellow/grey bike with red and blue marks over it.

Just leave it how it is and take your test, infact your test with training will cost less than having the NSR resprayed.

Soldato
OP
cheers for that luke.
i was just hoping it wont be expensive. anyway im seriously considering taking a test for the sake of having done my CBT. its a really comon question but is it hard? what kind of mistakes are the instructor looking out for?
any books or websites the helped you out with the practical test?

Soldato
I got 4 minors and had 2 days training before the test. I have to say that looking back i was getting worried for nothing, its not "hard", but its not something you can do without having to do some concentrating and thinking first.

Just call up your local motorcycle instructor company and they will book you in, it was about £257 for me, that was 2 full days training (9-3/4ish) and the actual test, I did it all on my own bike as I was used to it already.

To be fair at your age you could well save more than £250 on next years insurance if you have 1 years NCB and a full license under your belt.

Associate
I got a couple of quotes to have a respray for my bike last year

Dream Machine quoted - £650 + vat including delivery & collection

I had another quote that was half the price but I know dream machine are one of the best (if not the best) in the country.

Didn't have if done in the end but I would have gone with Dream Machine if I had.

Nige.

http://www.dream-machine.co.uk/index.asp

Last edited:
Soldato
I got a clean sheet on my bike test, did a couple of hours ride-out with dad after having rode my 125 for 6 months on a CBT.

I swear you'd have to fall off to fail!

You can pick up some pretty nice 250's at a decent price, or get a 5-600 and restrict it, but make sure it's one that restricts well or you'll have no power left :)

Soldato
OP
my friend failed first time for not doing a perfect U turn. he had his steering right locked and yet his front wheel just touched the hard shoulder.
he says he didnt even realise. anyhow my NSR has a much bigger turning circle than the CBR 125. plus i suck at turing when the steering is hard locked... i guess its practice for me then.

Back
Top Bottom