Remote Keyfobs - Can they Blocked ?

nam

nam

Soldato
Hi,

I have a strange problem on my 53 plate Yaris T-sport. Basically i could not unlock the doors using the remote keyfob this morning, so i manually had to unlock using the key which then caused the alarm to go off. Luckily the Alarm soon stopped and i was able to start the car and move it a few yards down the street. Which is when i parked up and tried again and remote keyfobs worked.

The problem seems to be in front of my house, is it possible that someone is blocking the signal being used by my keyfob as i cannot set the alarm/immobiliser without the remote keyfob ?

Please can anyone help ?

Associate
Batteries? i had a simular problem in the Audi. i took the batteries out for some reason which caused the FOB to stop working. All i did was use the key to open the car door and start the car. 1 of these steps re-syncd the FOB.

Permabanned
Some mobile phone antennas can interfere with the signal that your keyfob transmits which would explain why your fob works fine when you move the car.

nam

nam

Soldato
OP
definately not batteries as i changed both today and its the same. There Seems to something interfering with the key fob around my house area, further down the street its fine.

How can i find out what is causing the interference ?

Suspended
What frequency does it work on? Find that out and you may be getting somewhere maybe?

Searched google and some people have had the same problems due to, as mentioned a radio mast or something simular being recently put up. Anything like that in your area?

Or aim the keyfob at your temple, like you were going to shoot yourself and then try it. Boosts the signal....

Last edited:
Associate
as others have said, check what frequency it works on. do you have a wireless network at home? if the fob for your car works at either 2.4ghz or 5ghz then that could be interfering. i doubt it, but stranger things have happened!

Back
Top Bottom