Nice one Epox! (BIOS)

Soldato
So... I decided to flash to the latest BIOS on my Epox board using the windows utility as I don't have a floppy drive anywhere.

Appears to be ok at start up, checks HDs, RAM etc. then I get the mesage "Cannot find NTLDR file, press ctrl+alt+del to restart" which I presume means 1 of 2 things. The BIOS plain doesnt work or it was corrupted during installation.

What are my options? I guess I could either get a replacement BIOS chip from Epox, RMA the board if that is even possible because of a dodgey BIOS or somehow reflash to the older version which would require a Floppy drive?

Associate
I have seen that a couple of times when overclocking, i reset the bios and all was good, don't know if this would be any use in your situation though.

Hope you get it sorted, if it comes to it i think i would buy a floppy drive first and try to reflash it that way, probably a lot cheaper than buying a new bios chip.

Associate
It means its checking wrong hdd for windows, when you flas the bios you have to reset all the options to what you had before.

fiddle around in the bios and let it detect your hdd's and set it to boot from the one with windows on.

Soldato
OP
swanseajack said:
It means its checking wrong hdd for windows, when you flas the bios you have to reset all the options to what you had before.

fiddle around in the bios and let it detect your hdd's and set it to boot from the one with windows on.

That is indeed a possibility :D I'll try it

Yay thanks SwanseaJack (never seen this before and I assumed S-ata would default to main, I guess not!)

Wouldnt mind deletion to save my embarrasment :o

Last edited:
Associate
swanseajack said:

Indeed, a corrupted bios plain won't boot. This is just the HDD it's trying to boot off not having the boot partition it's looking for.

Associate
Raikiri said:
That is indeed a possibility :D I'll try it

Yay thanks SwanseaJack (never seen this before and I assumed S-ata would default to main, I guess not!)

Wouldnt mind deletion to save my embarrasment :o

Your welcome, my Asrock has the annoying thing of when you flash it no sata drives are detected, you have to set it up in bios, reboot then go back into bios and set the sata drive as first boot.

Back
Top Bottom