Making a decent .gif

Soldato
Tried this in the HTML Gfx forum but got no-where and i've got to start it now :(. So i though i'd ask in here being as GD has a .gif perversion :p:

Basically i'm trying to create a reasonably smooth running .gif by capturing stills from a .avi. Problem is i'm a bit stumped as to what stills to grab and at what intervals. If PAL runs at 25fps how many frames should i capture and at what intervals?. The .gif doesnt need to run too smoothly, but again not TOO jittery. It's for a uni poroject in which we have to compose a piece of 'acousmatic' music and also a visual slide show to go with it. I would like sections of my slide show to appeare as slightly jittery video. Alas though i have little experience in .gif creation, so let me leech the good knowledge!.

P.S. I'll be putting the images together in imageready and Vegas 6.0 if that makes any difference.

Beh, also, anyone know of something that lets you take screen captures from a .avi?. :(.

Soldato
OP
Ahh righto, i'll do that. Problem is though i don't want massive files or gifs, and i don't want them to be too flowing (too many frames), thus i'm wondering how many frames to capture per second etc.

Soldato
OP
Ooh, i have VirtualDub :) . I'll mess about with these.

Stayed up all night composing this piece of music, and beh. It sux and i'll be glad to get it out of the way. Then to take some photos and a few clips (.avi) and make a slide show/vid for it. Schweet, uni is a joke!.

Soldato
Sorry, didnt get any email reply for this.

VLC or videolan is a great multimedia player and I think the only one I have found that you can take screengrabs with.

Back
Top Bottom