Should i be worried about this Speedfan SMART analysis?

Associate
http://www.hddstatus.com/hdrepshowreport.php?ReportCode=212563&ReportVerification=D1844543

The HDD is brand new, so in a way i was expecting all 'very good's as my 2 old sata HDDs are.
But the new HDD was 1 of 2 identical ones, and the other has pretty much the same report, so is it a weak batch, or is it normal?

If the first 2 categories said normal, i'd be fine with that, but the report does give warnings =/

The note at the bottom explains one of the warnings, but i'm worried about the other one. Most alarming is 'The overall fitness for this drive is 30%.
The overall performance for this drive is 30%.'

Last edited:
Soldato
my fitness is 44 but performance is 100%, what does this mean? its been working fine though,
is yours working ok?

Associate
Hmmm i get: The overall fitness for this drive is 90%.
The overall performance for this drive is 97%.

Not sure what that means for you though... my drives been around for about 14 months now, a lot of that 24/7.

Although your report says on new drives spin up time will improve, so i'd just take it as that... if its not broke... dont fix it!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The drives do seem to be fine, just installed windows on it, and ran a few tests on it prior to that, all passed thankfully.

They're also in a RAID 1 setup so at least i'll have backup should one of the drives fail

Back
Top Bottom