baby portrait

Associate
I've learned that baby photos are really difficult indoors for three reasons -
1. It's dark
2. Babies move all the time
3. Their moods change constantly

Last weekend I was using my manual focus 50mm 1.7 @ 1.7 to get 1/60th of a second and I managed to get this and a few others, what do you think?

CRW_4465-bsf.jpg

Soldato
Beautiful! Nice capture. I love how engaging the eyes are. I think it would have been a bit better if the hair was a little bit more in focus but I suppose not easy in low light!

Associate
am I going to be the first to say:

'awwwwwwwwwwww'

ahem, forgot, I'm a bloke....ummm nice baby you got there, ahem

Love the expression and the fact the eyes are looking directly at you. I don't like the processing of the picture though. As nolimit said, babies should be soft.

AB

Soldato
hoodmeister said:
awesome eye detail, great shot as a whole - but the edges look way over sharpened to me, and the rest has a nasty mottled sort of look - noise filtered?

Agreed. Great shot on the whole, just a couple of niggles that were probably due to the 1/60th in low light.

Associate
Have to echo the majority here. Great shot and my first impressions were 'Wow, cool!' but the oversharpening does take something away from it.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies; Yes, I had to sharpen it up quite a bit (which I normally hate doing). The only area in focus because of the tiny depth of field are the eyes. I did noise filter it because the sharpening brought out a nasty look to the skin. To be honest I thought this gave it a bit more impact.

When I get home I'll post the original to see what you think of the transformation.

Back
Top Bottom