USB Splitter

Associate
The problem is I need 2 USB connections from my external hard drive. One to my xbox 360 and one to my Linksys NSLU2.

I cant for the life of me find one of these splitter devices, and I know they exist. The problem with a hub is that it is the incorrect USB connections and different type of usb cabling costs (A male to A male).

The hard drive has a USB B connection. So I think I need a USB B to 2 USB A males.

Any help is appreciated.

Associate
i take it the 360 has a net work slot ? can you browse the network with it ? you could but the hard drive on the network and then both could access it ?

Associate
OP
no problem is the 360 doesnt detect network drives, and windows media connect on the PC doesnt either (even when mapped).

in theory it sounds possible. then how do USB hubs work? need some sort of hub that can split to the rigth connections.

Soldato
USB Hubs just allow you to plug in more devices per USB port. USB can handle hundreds of devices in theory. However, you cant share one device across two different computers. Hubs aren't designed for this and neither is the device :)

SiriusB

Associate
OP
ah right, i think i understand. shame, guess only alternative is to do it manually or wait till ms adds SMB file sharing on the 360.

Back
Top Bottom