redsteel nextgen?

Soldato
Nice to see someone play it properly and realistically rather than cartwheeling around their lounge (until the sword fight :rolleyes: ). I hope they refine the controls because it could potentially be the most fun FPS ever. I wonder if there will be splitscreen multiplayer... do you think aiming would be too difficult with only half or even a quarter of the screen to aim at?

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Looking reallllllllly good :)
Hope Nintendo can pull this off. Always worry when I see decent trailers, so many of them turn out to be disappointing :o

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
It works with any kind of display apparently. How, I'm not quite sure.

Must be some kind of calibration setup you have to do when you first turn on the console.

Kind of like an Pocket PC PDA where you have to touch all corners of the screen and then the centre, you might have to aim with Wii controller and fire at the targets on screen so the sensor bar knows how big the display is.

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
Must be some kind of calibration setup you have to do when you first turn on the console.

Kind of like an Pocket PC PDA where you have to touch all corners of the screen and then the centre, you might have to aim with Wii controller and fire at the targets on screen so the sensor bar knows how big the display is.

I'm pretty sure this is the case. It would be madness for Nintendo not to consider the sheer amount of different TVs people have - I think they even stressed the point that it would work on any TV.

Soldato
With regards to the game, apparently it's in need of plenty of polish before release - probably as you'd expect. The actual swordfighting bits aren't as free as you'd imagine: there are pre-determined strokes/swings you need to make (ie: the sword isn't mapped to your every move). Also, the movement whilst with the gun isn't particularly 'free' either.

This comes from IGN, but I would expect (as they stressed) that these are easily fixable problems.

It looks great, and I hope it's a launch title along with Metroid, Mario and Zelda :) (I'm gonna be poor come release...)

Back
Top Bottom