Ferries Stoped by WW2 bomb

Soldato
yep, there were quite a few people stranded there this morning. Funniest thing was the radio report on the way to work worded it really badly and said something along the lines..

'It's thought the bomb has been in the water for around 60 years....military personnel have been waiting for the tide to go out before they remove the device'.

Cue me thinking : If you've been waiting 60 years and the tide still hasn't gone out, it ain't gonna!! :p

Permabanned
In other news, police have arrested five locals and have initiated deportation procedures; they are to be sent to Germany for theft of military property.

*n

Soldato
penski said:
In other news, police have arrested five locals and have initiated deportation procedures; they are to be sent to Germany for theft of military property.

*n

Would'nt suprise me with all those scousers about...

Watch out for it to be on eBay pretty soon... :D

Permabanned
kitten_caboodle said:
Lol, see where manchester came on the 'most likely to be burgled cities' survey (Clue: TOP!)

Funny enough, Liverpool wasn't in it..... :D

Not even scousers are daft enough to crap on their own doorstep....but a swift drive up the East Lancs Road........

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
A man I used to know (who had unfortunately passed away now) was part of the detail that tracked where the Germans were bombing so they could go and hunt for the unexploded ones. He had a chart showing where these really huge bobs they dropped (to disrupt shipping) landed and didnt explode. They are supposedly sunk deep into the mud, one isnt *that* far from my house actually! :eek:

If these small ones are surfacing unexploded, there is a chance one of these HUGE ones will :D

Shame I am not home to go and see :(

Soldato
kitten_caboodle said:
Lol, see where manchester came on the 'most likely to be burgled cities' survey (Clue: TOP!)

Funny enough, Liverpool wasn't in it..... :D

Only because they took the survey in Liverpool :D

Every city has their 'bad' part :p

However I cant see where Liverpool's 'good' part is :D

Back
Top Bottom