D/L demo while playing a game on 360

Soldato
Downloaded the demo of MOTO GP yesterday on my 360..

It got to 9% and I couldnt be bothered to wait so I pressed the green A button to cancel it. Went back to the main quide screen and booted up Topspin 2..

Played that for 50 minutes or so then went back to market place and resumed MOTOGP d/l. I waited a few seconds for it to reach the % it was on when I cancelled it before and it went right upto 62% and finished off d/l in 20 minutes..

What the hell went on there then??

Anyone shed any light, maybe MS are testing the new download system they got planned for the upcoming dashboard update, I dont know.. but it was a sight I was happy to see...

Associate
When you cancel and go back to resume the download, it doesnt calculate the % bar correctly. There's another thread about it from last week.

Start another download, cancel after a minute, and resume immediately and it'll show 50% or something mad!

There won't be background downloading until the next dashboard update.

Caporegime
To be honest I'm not sure a background download is a good idea. I mean how many people are going to try to download while playing on live. Increases the chances of Lag if you ask me.

It was bad enough the other night when a host eventually decided to turn off his peer to peer after 3 or 4 games on the trot of Graw ended up with mass drops.

Soldato
dannyjo22 said:
To be honest I'm not sure a background download is a good idea. I mean how many people are going to try to download while playing on live. Increases the chances of Lag if you ask me.

You obviously missed the key piece of information stating that when a Live game is played, the download will throttle accordingly, or even pause all together.

Man of Honour
dannyjo22 said:

It was bad enough the other night when a host eventually decided to turn off his peer to peer after 3 or 4 games on the trot of Graw ended up with mass drops.
The DL is throttled when you are on live.

Back
Top Bottom