Identity parade

Associate
I have to go to the police station to identity someone but instead of the one way glass that they have in TV Dramas, I just have to look at a selection of pictures.

I don't know whether I prefer this or not, I was thinking that maybe with the line up you can better judge a person's build and body language - I didn't really get a look at his face.

Has anyone done this? Are the pictures all of real people or are some computer generated?

Associate
i had to do something similar except it was a video parade. i just had to watch a video of 8 people turning round. i got the ******* though.

Man of Honour
i use to reguallarly be a member of ID parades no not because i was a shifty character but because it paid very well, and all of the ones i attended were done with the 1 way mirror which i think is the only real way to do it.

Associate
I did an identity parade once, but then I had to take my clothes off for some reason, didn't get paid either :(

Associate
i've done it once in Bournemouth, they payed me about £20, not bad for standing still. I was bricking it though, thinking to myself o.m.g what if they pick me, i never go to bournemouth and the one time i do i get incorrectly arrested!

would do it again though.

Soldato
Cody said:
I have to go to the police station to identity someone but instead of the one way glass that they have in TV Dramas, I just have to look at a selection of pictures.

I don't know whether I prefer this or not, I was thinking that maybe with the line up you can better judge a person's build and body language - I didn't really get a look at his face.

Has anyone done this? Are the pictures all of real people or are some computer generated?

Well i have, sort of. I was one of the "suspects" being IDed, you get paid about 10pouns an hour or so to hang with the real criminal for some hours.

Bri

Bri

Soldato
blitz2163 said:
i use to reguallarly be a member of ID parades no not because i was a shifty character but because it paid very well, and all of the ones i attended were done with the 1 way mirror which i think is the only real way to do it.

Ditto, the police used to come & ask us outside college, I think it was about £15 we got.

Funny thing was they took 3 of us to the same one once, I was 6'4" with dark hair, another lad was 6' or so with blonde hair & the other one was 5'8"ish & ginger :confused:

Man of Honour
Identity parades are rarely done now as it cost money in terms of paying people to stand on it.

The Police And Criminal Evidence Act was amended a couple of years ago or so which changed the way parades are done.

It is usual now for images of suspect(s) to be placed onto video or CD and shown with other faces who make up a database and are not involved.

Soldato
slothmeister said:
I was bricking it though, thinking to myself o.m.g what if they pick me, i never go to bournemouth and the one time i do i get incorrectly arrested!
lol I think the police would know which one is the suspect. I don't think there's much danger of one of the randoms being arrested :p

Back
Top Bottom