First Photoshop process attemps

Associate
As title, really.

These are my first attempts at processing pics with Photoshop, like seemingly everyone else does other than me. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, and I have an in-built tendency to completely overdo things, so let me know what you think.

If anyone thinks my processing attempts are rubbish, I can post the original pics for you to have a go at as well, see how much better someone who knows what they're doing is. :p

This first one is the one I'm kinda worried about, I think it's a little too vibrant and 'in-your-face', but I'd like a second opinion.

raindropsonaflower8jn.jpg

Having some really bad problems with imageshack just now as well, apologies if the pics don't turn out right.

tTz

Associate
Looks good to me, nice colours! Very punchy!

Don't apply uber duper amounts of compression to them so you loose a lot of detail in the photos, like you have done.
I think he's done it like that to post them on here, I'm sure the final images are fine. :)

Associate
OP
A random name said:
Don't apply uber duper amounts of compression to them so you loose a lot of detail in the photos, like you have done.

Well the full versions are massive 2000x1000 pixels or something, and pretty large file sizes, so yeah, I had to cut them down a bit to post them here. The camera (being only a 3MP compact camera) doesn't have 'uber duper' amounts of detail to begin with either. :p

theMAD2 said:
Looks good to me, nice colours! Very punchy!

Thanks! :)

Soldato
tTz said:
Well the full versions are massive 2000x1000 pixels or something, and pretty large file sizes, so yeah, I had to cut them down a bit to post them here. The camera (being only a 3MP compact camera) doesn't have 'uber duper' amounts of detail to begin with either. :p
But there's no need to apply so much compression to the resized images mate :) If you keep them below about 160kb you'll be fine.

Associate
OP
A random name said:
But there's no need to apply so much compression to the resized images mate :) If you keep them below about 160kb you'll be fine.

I used the automatic imageshack resizer thingy to save me the hassle of doing it individually. Blame it. :p

Back
Top Bottom