best way of selling large furniture items?

Soldato
Local paper or ebay or something else?

I need to shift some furniture coz the missus says mahogany is very definately not in fashion. FFS! it cost a small fortune!

Whats the best way of getting a decent price for it?

Soldato
tbz_ck said:
Local paper or ebay or something else?

I need to shift some furniture coz the missus says mahogany is very definately not in fashion. FFS! it cost a small fortune!

Whats the best way of getting a decent price for it?

Local Auction?

KaHn

Associate
we have a paper thats free to advertise in but costs about a quid to buy its called LOOT they have a online version this would be good for selling your stuff in / on

altho not sure if its published in your area

or ebay yeah ........everythings on ebay

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
If you live in a nice manor/house then use your local paper. If not then use an auction but set a reserve and make sure they list the auction/items on the net.
Be a good idea to get a valuation done prior to sale to give you an idea on the reserve.

Soldato
Doubt that you'll get much for it whatever you do mate; it's like trying to sell clothes that went out of fashion some time ago .... nobody will pay decent money, even though it's good quality.

Local paper and or auction is the best bet.

Good luck.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
You could always pop it on top of the nearest mountain... :p

V V V I'm too subtle for the likes of you :p ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm in Coventry. Smack in the middle of the country :D

Its John E Coyle stuff. Rope Edged Mahogany table + 6 Chairs, Display Cabinet, and TV/HiFi cabinet. All matching.

I'll stick an ad in Members Market if you are interested.

Soldato
Unless it's very decent stuff which you can auction, you may find your best bet unfortauntely is to offer it free to someone who can come and collect it.

My experience of trying to shift large furniture is that it can be more hassel than it's worth - the people often think they're doing you a favour rather than vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom