Diablo 3?

Soldato
why would blizzard want to release diablo 3 and risk losing WoW subscribers to a free game ? thats just silly aint it if i were you i wouldn't expect it for a few years atleast would be madness for blizzard to release it in the next year with WoW still being so strong

Soldato
Diablo 3 however would be akin to Guild Wars, AD&D online etc.
Neither of these games have taken any market away from the established MMORPG's because, bottom line, they aren't MMORPG's.

Diablo 3 wouldn't be one either - it would be another hack & slash with limited levels and not a persistent world.
If Diablo 3 was to take any user away from WOW then that user was not looking for an MMORPG in the first place.

Personally I'm in no hurry for Diablo 3.
Diablo 2 was dire and a waste of time (in my opinion of course) so more of the same but just prettier is not something I crave.

Associate
Im sure there's a good chance that a fair few WoW players were D2 players and releasing D3 right now would probably draw their attention away from WoW.

I'd personally love to see Diablo 3, but it isn't going to happen for a while yet i think :(

Soldato
If Diablo3 doesn't come out, I'll personally eat my hat, and every single hat I came across. There have been rumours about it being in development, various externally contracted people have leaked little bits of information about it.

Why *wouldn't* they release D3? It was a huge commercial success, and I don't think it'll make a serious dent in the WoW population - they're not similar enough.

Personally, I cant wait...but I've got doubts about how good it'll be...

Associate
Whose to say they wont release Diablo 3 as a single player game for one price, and charge you to play in some mock persistant world at another price?

In this modern day capitalist-gone-mad world, it wouldnt surprise me if gaming that required central servers that need to be un-hackable to start to be charged for.

I would love to play another diablo though, especially online without it being full of 13 year old hackers.

Soldato
Diablo II - the only game I've completed, gone out, bought the expansion and completed it the same day. Then completed it right through again with at least another character class.

Infact it's still installed today (I have 36Gb of HD space!) and has been played within the last week.

I've played multiplayer too - both LAN and internet.

The only other games that has been played that long was EQ 1 (plus expansions until I got board of raiding and grinding beyond 61) and Battlefield series.

Yet I still find myself coming back to it..

Associate
Hopefully the ladder will reset soon for 1.11 then the almighty finger clicking frenzy will begin again \o/ RSi to hundreds of hands every where. There is something about this game that I still love! Even after all this time i still manage to play on B.net and enjoy it :)

Anyone up for a clicking frenzy when the ladder restarts? It will probably be within the next few weeks :p

I didn't think there was any info at all about D3 and anything that came about was just hype. I would be interested to read about it if anyone could post some links :)

Associate
I'd like to see Diablo III. I liked playing the first two. There's nothing like a bit of mindless hack 'n' slash action :)

Now that Ghost has been canned Blizzard must have something up their sleeve.

I wouldn't mind seeing Starcraft II either. Don't suppose the Koreans would mind either :)

Ian.

Soldato
OP
Well all the feedback is good but didnt really answer my question..

It was meant to be shown at E3 (both IGN and Gamespot had it on there E3 games list) But ther was no info.. I was just confused as to why it never appeared.

Associate
If they do release it I hope they reduce the required frequency of clicking. I swear that game gave me RSI the last time I played it.

Then it would be no fun. The game is based upon mindless clicking and holding the alt button.

So much fun.

actually, come to think of it, i have a paladin who can just stand there and kill stuff by aura stacking, no mindless clicking there haha.

Soldato
Thanks for reminding me about the greatness of D2 - just logged on to stop my chars expiring.
Thomo said:
Hopefully the ladder will reset soon for 1.11...
1.11 has been out for ages, why would they reset the ladder now?
Thomo said:
Anyone up for a clicking frenzy when the ladder restarts?
Definitely - got a high level meteorb that would like some action :D

Back
Top Bottom