Small Laser printer?

Associate
as per title, can you recommend me a decent one?

Looking to spend upto £200.

colour if possible, but i know i wont get much at this price.

and also with lan connection if poss as well.

I've seen the budget ones around £50 -£80....are they any good or a waste of time? I want something that will last, and that has reasonably prices consumables.

thanx in advance :)

Soldato
Buy the cheapest Samsung you can lay your hands on. You can get them as low as £65+VAT from some places. The 1610 uses the older HP/Canon print engine and they go on forever. They also come with a 3 year on-site warranty too. Just in case. And they have FULL toner cartridges from new, not 50% jobs like the Canon and HP.

Samsung also have the record for the smallest laser ever made. It was PANTS!

For small - the cheap Canon LBP1120 and The Epson EPL-6200 are pretty small. I'd avoid the Canon as it has open, vertical paper slots and dust eventually clogs the pick-up roller and it drags through multiple sheets of paper when it only wants 1.

For low running costs look at Kyocera, but they are expensive to buy new.

Unless yoiu need multiple trays or duplexing there is no need to spend over £100.

Colour Laser printers are a licence to get ripped off. Wait a year and you'll be able to get one for under £100. The toner will cost £100 each though - and you need 4 of them!

Last edited:
Soldato
Avoid colour lasers they are seriously expensive to both buy and run and the cheap ones are only a little faster than an inkjet and offer some quiet shocking print quality with some really nasty banding. Maybe in a years time! I have a Mono Samsung 1710(I think, it's at home!) got it to print my final year project at Uni and made a few quid printing them for others :) definately highly recomended there cheap the toners are quite reasonable and last ages and you can buy cheap refiles off the bay.

Associate
WJA96 said:
Buy the cheapest Samsung you can lay your hands on. You can get them as low as £65+VAT from some places. The 1610 uses the older HP/Canon print engine and they go on forever. They also come with a 3 year on-site warranty too. Just in case. And they have FULL toner cartridges from new, not 50% jobs like the Canon and HP.

Samsung also have the record for the smallest laser ever made. It was PANTS!

For small - the cheap Canon LBP1120 and The Epson EPL-6200 are pretty small. I'd avoid the Canon as it has open, vertical paper slots and dust eventually clogs the pick-up roller and it drags through multiple sheets of paper when it only wants 1.

For low running costs look at Kyocera, but they are expensive to buy new.

Unless yoiu need multiple trays or duplexing there is no need to spend over £100.

Colour Laser printers are a licence to get ripped off. Wait a year and you'll be able to get one for under £100. The toner will cost £100 each though - and you need 4 of them!

Seconded!

Got the ML-1610 here and it is a real bargain for the price. Excellent print quality too.
Can't remember for sure but think it was £49inc delivery too. Shop around and you should find one around that level.

Associate
OP
Steevo38 said:
Seconded!

Got the ML-1610 here and it is a real bargain for the price. Excellent print quality too.
Can't remember for sure but think it was £49inc delivery too. Shop around and you should find one around that level.

I wont be paying for it so not fussed about shopping around :p

Soldato
a1ex2001 said:
Avoid colour lasers they are seriously expensive to both buy and run and the cheap ones are only a little faster than an inkjet and offer some quiet shocking print quality with some really nasty banding. Maybe in a years time! I have a Mono Samsung 1710(I think, it's at home!) got it to print my final year project at Uni and made a few quid printing them for others :) definately highly recomended there cheap the toners are quite reasonable and last ages and you can buy cheap refiles off the bay.

Are the refills reliable/quality? I've seen some for as low as £8 delivered

Back
Top Bottom