Turning my webcam into a security camera

Caporegime
Hey folks,

whilst im at work my retched bloody discusting foul mouthed chavvy drug taking of a brother keeps using my xbox360 and for some pointless reason he keeps taking things from my desk and breaking them and hitting my keyboard out of stress etc now my mum doesnt believe me. she is in total denial of what hes like and sees him as a cherub.

now i want to catch him doing it, as he doesnt come near my room in the evening or at night as im here and even if im not i pop in and out etc.

so is it possible to set my cheapo usb webcam as a sort of security camera, and just leave it recording what it sees so i can prove it to my mum and try and atleast stop him doing this.

he denys everything but it can't be anyone else, it usually happens when he is "ill" and has to have a "sick" day off school, and even though he is the ONLY one in the house she still believes him when he says its not him.

cheers for any help.

or what can i do to him in revenge?

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to have a piece of software which cam with my old dexxa webcam, it would start recording as soon as it spotted movement then would stop when the person left the room, it was only a cheapy cam so there must be some free software available out there, would have to sit in the taskbar for him not to notice it though i would have thought.

Caporegime
OP
Sp00n said:
I used to have a piece of software which cam with my old dexxa webcam, it would start recording as soon as it spotted movement then would stop when the person left the room, it was only a cheapy cam so there must be some free software available out there, would have to sit in the taskbar for him not to notice it though i would have thought.

yeh i use software to minimize stuff to the bottom right hand corner bit so he wont notice it any ideas what it was called?

Soldato
For starters, i dont think talking/describing your brother is a good thing on a public forum, secondly i dont have any idea how to do stuff like that (webcam security). maybe you might wanna consider a lock on you room door.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
How old is your brother man?

If that was either of my brother's doing that to my stuff, they would expect nothing less than a punch in the face. Needless to say, we don't do anything to eachothers stuff, we respect eachother. If he's a chav, maybe that's the only thing he'll understand.

</kbw>

Caporegime
OP
ElRazur said:
. maybe you might wanna consider a lock on you room door.

what if there is a fire in the house and they are all trapped at this end of the house and need to get in the room to hold off the fumes and fire whilst they call 999?

Caporegime
OP
Nix said:
How old is your brother man?

If that was either of my brother's doing that to my stuff, they would expect nothing less than a punch in the face. If he's a chav, maybe that's the only thing he'll understand.

</kbw>

trouble is if you say Boo to him mum goes nuts and you can't talk to her for a week, god noes what will happen if i knock the living daylights out of him....man i so badly want to

shes so ******* protective of him its ridiculous just because hes the youngest

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Phate said:
what if there is a fire in the house and they are all trapped at this end of the house and need to get in the room to hold off the fumes and fire whilst they call 999?

And what's the likelihood that you'll ever be the unfortuneate victim of a house-fire?

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Phate said:

trouble is if i even touch him my mum goes balistic at me and you can't talk to her for a week.

shes so ******* protective of him its ridiculous just because hes the youngest

My youngest brother was a chav, 16 months younger than me. He used to act all hard at 15 too. I found laughing at him was the best remedy for his ego. He's grown out of it now anyway, hopefully your brother will do too.

Soldato
Hide in a cupboard, then at the moment of crime, leap out yellng "HIGH FIVE YO" and smash a large jar of mustard across his becapped-cranium. :)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Phate said:
i don't no but its a possibility

You're more likely to get hit by a car.

The chances are, even with evidence your mum will still pretend everything is alright anyway.

In a mother's eyes, a child can do no wrong, etc...

Back
Top Bottom