X-Fi died ?

Associate
I've had the soundcard for a few months and it's been working fine, used the PC last night and no problems.I switched my PC on today and windows didn't load fully, restarting before the XP login screen appeared. I restarted in safe mode and after trying a couple of things that didn't work I disabled my X-Fi and rebooted - XP loaded OK. I enabled the soundcard again and the PC crashed again - no error message or anything, it just powered off.

I've tried reinstalling with the drivers from the CD as well as the updated ones from Creative site but the same thing always happens - windows crashes/powers off.

I have a Soltek SFF and the card is using the only PCI slot. The blue light on the card is illuminated.

Any opinions ?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. I seemed to have fixed it by removing the registry groups related to Creative Tech and reinstalling from scratch. It's working for now :)

Associate
im still using the beta drivers, you can still keep if you remove some of the silly things it puts in your start up, i thought creative were ment to bring out some new ones before these beta's ran out anyway

Back
Top Bottom