"Section Files.SCSI.iaStor of the INF file is invalid"

Associate
Hi Guys

I am just building a PC and have come up with a problem I have never seen before. After beginning an install of Windows XP, I press F6 as I have a 300Gb SATA Seagate so need to install the SATA drivers. However, it gets so far and I get the message:

"Section Files.SCSI.iaStor of the INF file is invalid"

Occassionally it doesn't come up and the Windows install gets as far as saying it cannot detect any hard drives, so I just have to reboot.

I am using an Abit AV8 Mobo and the parts are almost identical to a PC I built myself over a year ago now. I never came across this problem before!

I have tried two different copies of XP (Home and Prof.) as well as my old SATA driver floppy disk which is a different version to the latest. Nothing is working.

I have tried searching on here for a similar problem to no avail, and Google only threw up a couple of replies, none of which helped.

Please help before I start pulling my hair out!!

Thanks

Marco

Associate
Can you make a new driver disc? Sounds like the floppy might be faulty. It might be the drive rather than the disc though, although that's unlikely, I'd think.

Associate
OP
Well as i said I have tried two different floppy disks. Even downloaded the drivers from the website and tried on a newly formatted floppy and still the same problem!

Do you think it's worth following that online guide on how to integrate your SATA drivers onto a copy of Windows XP?

Associate
OP
OK, it only appears to be coming up with an error when I try and do everything with the floppy disk always in the drive. If I go through the process without the floppy disk in the drive it always gets as far as saying it cannot detect any hard drive.

Even if I press F6 it never prompts me for any further driver disk.

Should it?

Back
Top Bottom