PS3 to be £425 Official

Associate
OP
Yeh, but not until they get stock confirmation for the u.k. as they will want to avoid the mess that the xbox 360 pre-order caused.

Man of Honour
Right I just skimmed the article and I don't think it mentioned which version this is for... please don't tell me this is £425 for the cut down version?

Associate
Zefan said:
Right I just skimmed the article and I don't think it mentioned which version this is for... please don't tell me this is £425 for the cut down version?

From this i would assume its the 60gb version.....

With well-informed retail sources suggesting Sony may not release the lower spec model in the UK at all, a single GBP 425 model would see PlayStation 3 launching in the UK a massive GBP 140 more expensive than its nearest rival

Soldato
Zefan said:

With well-informed retail sources suggesting Sony may not release the lower spec model in the UK at all, a single GBP 425 model would see PlayStation 3 launching in the UK a massive GBP 140 more expensive than its nearest rival, the Xbox 360. Microsoft representatives have reportedly told UK retailers this week that the Xbox 360 and its add-on HD-DVD peripheral will retail together for less than the PS3's price point at Christmas

:)

Associate
I also think its a bit stupid that he is comparing the proice to a blue-ray player, when a) they haven't been released yet and b) no one know's (as yet) if blue-ray will win in the format war......

Associate
I'm a 360 fan but I would still be interested in a PS£ but man £425, there is gonna be a lot of disappointed peeps with not enough scratch to buy this machine, and as I am going to do myself and wait for a price drop I think I'll be waiting quite awhile............!

Soldato
Needles said:
I'm a 360 fan but I would still be interested in a PS£ but man £425, there is gonna be a lot of disappointed peeps with not enough scratch to buy this machine, and as I am going to do myself and wait for a price drop I think I'll be waiting quite awhile............!

Hee hee we keeping the PS£? lol

glad its finally done and dusted, just cant wait to pre order from several places so i can maximise my chances of getting one

XPE

XPE

Soldato
£425 ouch, and how much are the games going to be ?

Since the games are only comming out on Blue-ray (thats what i read) isnt this going to push up the price ?

Soldato
I wonder how much that will retail for instore at GAME once they bundle it with every release title, a 1GB memory stick, a second contoller and 2 rubbish old films re-hashed for Blue Ray? :p

Associate
OP
well look at it this way £9.77 per week for 52 weeks (chavs catalogue)

so I can see the chavs buying one regardless of price :D

Back
Top Bottom