Nice medieval 2TW video

kdd

kdd

Soldato
OP
The battles are real time, as they have been in all total war games. You mean you've never seen or played a total war game!!!???

Associate
Looking good there.

The total war games have never been turn based as far as i know, unless you mean the campaign modes? which is a board turned based game, but the actual battles are real time.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
OP
Hmm decent summary but come on surely calling the campaign map in rome or medieval total war a board game sells it short.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
OP
bingham67 said:
I see so campaign turn based then dam :(

Ill check it out anyway hopefully demo soon. :)

If the idea of the campaign in tw puts you off then stategy games (and threads) probably aren't your thing...

Soldato
kdd said:
If the idea of the campaign in tw puts you off then stategy games (and threads) probably aren't your thing...

I like them sort of games i just dont like the turn based factor in them think it ruins the flow of the game.

I prefer like Age Of Empires, BFME 2 , etc where you can attack all time not waiting for your turn. :)

kdd

kdd

Soldato
OP
bingham67 said:
I like them sort of games i just dont like the turn based factor in them think it ruins the flow of the game.

I prefer like Age Of Empires, BFME 2 , etc where you can attack all time not waiting for your turn. :)

Ah right, that's why this thread is about total war games, people who have played total war games will know what they're about. They're quite popular and many appreciate the strategy and tactical thinking involved, and that they do flow and play very well. I find aoe and ea strategy games a bit noobish and lightweight.

Associate
I used to be similar in the fact that I wasn't a fan of Turn based games and although the campaign mode is turn based in total war games it works very well and couldn't work any other way. The actual battles themselves are all in real time and allow for lots of different strategies to be used. If you are still unsure there is a demo available for Rome Total War which should give you a good idea of what the real time battles are like. You can also buy RTW and it's expansion for around £20 now.

Associate
Not many games tend to excite me much these days (cynical old gamer here) but the Total War series always sparks an interest. Looking forward to this too :) I always liked the blend of turn-based/rts in these games.

Damnit, seeing the new Medieval 2 promos has got me going again....gonna have to install RTW and Barbarian Invasion again to give me a quick fix :D

Zip

Zip

Soldato
I remember the first time i played Rome Total War:)
I was up all night and ended up playing it for about 16 hours straight :o

This game sahould be good :cool:

Associate
cant wait for this one, play TW since its release, its just one of them games I can get bored of. Nothing better than going in to battle out numbered 10 to 1 and crushing the undisaplined fools :D

kdd

kdd

Soldato
OP
ScarySquirrel said:
THat video was awesome, i hope it looks and plays like that in game

Well should do close up, but i've seen a few more videos from the distance and angles in which most are likely to play the game and it still looks very impressive. I'm just waiting for screens of the campaign map, the mtw map remade like the 3d niceness of rtw will be awesome.

Soldato
bingham67 said:

But how would you play a campaign spanning several centuries in real time? It wouldn't work :confused:

Back
Top Bottom