Prime95 Question

Associate
My PC has recently been randomly rebooting, espcecially in Condition Zero and then just general PC usage. My CPU, A643500 Winnie was prime stable over 12 hours at 240 x [email protected] since last May. I decided to run Prime95 for the first time in nearly 1 year. Needless to say it failed Prime95. The strange thing is that on multiple occasions it fails at around the 7 hours and 2 or 4 minutes using the 'In place large FFT's' test. Is this a software bug in the latest Prime95? I was using an older version 1 year ago to test stability with no failure at these settings. I lowered the cpu setting to the default 200 x 11 and the reboots are even more frequent and Prime fails quickly at the cpu's default settings. Very strange goings on.

Michael

Caporegime
Ghuraba said:
My PC has recently been randomly rebooting, espcecially in Condition Zero and then just general PC usage. My CPU, A643500 Winnie was prime stable over 12 hours at 240 x [email protected] since last May. I decided to run Prime95 for the first time in nearly 1 year. Needless to say it failed Prime95. The strange thing is that on multiple occasions it fails at around the 7 hours and 2 or 4 minutes using the 'In place large FFT's' test. Is this a software bug in the latest Prime95? I was using an older version 1 year ago to test stability with no failure at these settings. I lowered the cpu setting to the default 200 x 11 and the reboots are even more frequent and Prime fails quickly at the cpu's default settings. Very strange goings on.

Michael

Try running memtest86+ and see what your memory is upto.

str

str

Soldato
Has the temeperature in the case increased much? Could be dust etc causing problems. Also I read about running AMD 64s with a x.5 multiplier and allegedly it's not a good idea particularly due to memory slowdown or something. There wasn't much of an explanation as to why but maybe someone on here can shed some light on it.

Associate
OP
Yes I did read about the .5 multiplyer on DFI a few months ago but I've had no problems in the past. I'm gonna run Memtest now for a few hours. I gave it a quick run through and had no problems. I've just run Prime95 for nearly 11 hours using the 'Samll FFT's' option with no problem.

Michael

Associate
small ftt's = cpu
large ftt's = memory

running the cpu at default and it failing the large ftt kinda gives it away that theres something up with the memory. more voltage, slacker timings or its faulty.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

Well I left memtest running for 6 hours and no errors. I will increase the memory voltage and run the Prime 'large fft's' test and see if it fails. I still find it strange that it fails this test at a few minutes over 7 hours all the time.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom