Tiscali prob (I know)

Caporegime
Right as you know im on Tiscali's 1mb Unlimited BB service, now the reason im still on it is because ive had zero problems since i signed up about 4 years ago, always got cracking download speeds like 100k etc... all the time, but since i think Saturday, its been woefull, i cant even get 5k now, and i can't even get anything to upload, me uploads does about 0.1kb. :(

I knnw its a long shot, but is there anyone here using Tiscali (dont be shy), and not having any problems downloading using torrents, now today my dad said one of is mates (who lives up the bank from me) was getting about 5k down to, so i phoned him to find out what his probs were, and it seems hes the same, but he said his has been like it for about a week and a half, where as i only noticed mine was terrible about Saturday, he also told me about another mate of his who lives a few doors away, and his is the same, and were all on Tiscali 1mb.

I should point out that ive got one torrent that i keep testing with, and that flys down for some reason, was doing about 105k to 118k earlier, yet anything else i try gives me these terrible speeds, so also has anyone any other ideas.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post. :)

Also if i do the speed checker etc... it says i can d/l at about 120k, and using the web, and download from sites is fine to. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Might they have either upped their security on P2P and not told you, or put you on management for downloading a lot?

My mate got a letter not to long ago saying he is downloading too much and to back off or be put on a managed line.

They could have course have just upped their limitations on P2P as plusnet did and totally rape the connection without telling the customers. Give them a ring and ask whats up? providing you can understand indian :p

Caporegime
OP
Bugger that, ill probably get a chicken vindaloo or something delivered in about a fortnight. :D

Ive joined the forums as theres a couple of guys who deal with their BB service on there, so once i get my account activated im gona see if they can have a look and check to see if theres any problems etc... :)

Ive had no e-mails or nowt about the FUP, ive never downloaded on the peak hrs anyway so they should'nt have put me on the bad pipe, and without telling me, if they have for some reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom