Downloadable Linux that comes with nvidia drivers?

Associate
I installed Mandrake on my old pc a few years back and I remember having to manually install the video drivers.
I would like to try Linux again, but I just wanted to know if there are any versions which have them as standard. Cheers.

Man of Honour
Soldato
IIRC Kororaa is a distro that comes with nVidia and ATi proprietary drivers. I think they're in a bit of a heat with the GPL dudes becasue of it too. I've used it and found it to be wonderful. It'sw a LiveCD that has an installer inbuilt. It was intended as a testbed for the Xgl 3D window manager and as such it is amazingly beautiful in its window appearance and behavior. Try it out as LiveCD and if you like it, install. :)

Associate
Give SimplyMEPIS a go, it's the best linux distro I've tried yet (and I've tried Suse, Gentoo, Fedora Core 5, and Kubuntu).

It has all of those packages installed (like nvidia and ati drivers, and the full version of Xine, etc...). The install CD is a live CD, which has an install program on it (which is always useful for when you mess up the installation!)

Version 3.4-3 uses Debain repositories, whereas the 6.0 betas use the Ubuntu repositories. I'd recommend that you use the 3.4-3 release:

Mepis Downloads Page

Back
Top Bottom