Messed up my loop

Soldato
Decided to change my tubing the other day & noticed when looking at it today,i've connected my tubing up wrong(can't believe it,usually do this with my eyes shut) Now i can't be bothered changing it,will i get away with it as is,don't know what i was thinking......in too much of a hurry

Pump>rad>vga>cpu>res

dscf07393zc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Decided to stick a couple of holes in the rear for my tubing as well

dscf07351cg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rob

Soldato
OP
I would usually have it pump>cpu>vga>rad>res.

It just looked a bit strange when i looked at it earlier on,i suppose its just back to front from the way i'd normally have it

Cheers

Rob

Caporegime
Just one thing, the Storm (or is that an Apogee?) are impingement blocks aren't they? Having the inlet and outlet the wrong way round might disrupt the proper water flow, I'm not sure it'd have a big effect, just thought I'd mention it.

Soldato
Minstadave said:
Just one thing, the Storm (or is that an Apogee?) are impingement blocks aren't they? Having the inlet and outlet the wrong way round might disrupt the proper water flow, I'm not sure it'd have a big effect, just thought I'd mention it.

Yep... for a storm that would eb pretty much suicide lol.
apogees arnt impingement blocks thoug so no worries there, still you should always have the wwater pumpign int he centre of the block

Associate
His sig says he has a storm. If it was apogee then it wouldn't make too much difference.

While your cooling will still work the way you have it, it is not optimum or as designed.

Normally component order in a loop doesn't really matter, but for inpingement (high pressure drop) blocks like the storm they work the best imediately after the pump where pressure is highest.

You also have the block backwards, (inlet and outlet reversed)

Too many variables to say how much improvement you would get from going

res>pump>cpu>GPU>rad>res

..but at least you would have peace-of-mind knowing it is right :D

Soldato
OP
It is a storm block guys ;) Looks like i'll have to change it back over,can't believe i've done it like this though :(

Cheers for all the help :D

Rob

Soldato
Rob43 said:
It is a storm block guys ;) Looks like i'll have to change it back over,can't believe i've done it like this though :(

Cheers for all the help :D

Rob

it'll be dead easy, no need to drain that just make sure you have something to mop up a bit of spill, remove the cpu block and then swap them over as quick as you can.. I've done much more than that with a full loop :D

Soldato
OP
gr1mey said:
seems to be quite a bit of stress on that GFX card of yours too, or is that just a natural bend in the PCB?

Its like that,no problems with it ;)

Fixed my loop as well :D Took me about half an hour,just finished.Peace of mind at least ;)

Rob

Associate
***F1ZZY*** said:
His sig says he has a storm. If it was apogee then it wouldn't make too much difference.

While your cooling will still work the way you have it, it is not optimum or as designed.

Normally component order in a loop doesn't really matter, but for inpingement (high pressure drop) blocks like the storm they work the best imediately after the pump where pressure is highest.

You also have the block backwards, (inlet and outlet reversed)

Too many variables to say how much improvement you would get from going

res>pump>cpu>GPU>rad>res

..but at least you would have peace-of-mind knowing it is right :D

as long as the loop is closed the pressure at any point will be the same as liquid is incompressible.

Associate
The inlet and outlet are IDENTICAL on the apogee, so doesn't matter which of them you choose :) . But on the storm it is VERY IMPORTANT that you choose the center one as inlet :o

Back
Top Bottom