Dell 20" monitor QUICK question!

Soldato
Hey...

Ok, at the moment I have a Phillips 20" widescreen monitor and a 19" CRT, I wanna get rid of the CRT and have another monitor. Am thinking of a dell for 1 reason: Inputs!

But I cant find any info on a Dell 20" widescreen with the new models? I mean, there is the 2005FPW, and there is the 2007FP, but where in the name of SANITY is the 2007FPW?? Anyone got any ideas, I even checked on the dell offical site, and they are as much help as a wet kipper :/

*EDIT* one more thing, if they are going to start being released in the UK, does anyone know when OCUK will have them *looks confused*

Last edited:

L33

L33

Permabanned
As far as I know the 2005fpw and 2007fpw are identical, specifications-wise except for the HDCP support and different casing/stand. Personally I prefer the styling of the '05 series myself!
BTW there is no component on these monitors as far as I am aware, DVI/VGA/Composite/S-Video is what is stated. No 360 over component :(

Soldato
OP
Really? There is no difference what so ever? I had heard that the 2007 uses a different panel to what the 2005 does?

*EDIT*

I almost forgot to mention, do people think its worth replacing the 19" CRT that I currently have with a Dell 200xFPW? I mean, I was thinking that it would be very useful because of the inputs, for example I could hook my PS2 up to it?

Does the 200xFPW do picture scaling? (like full screen, Aspect and 1:1 pixel mapping) I am pretty certain it does.

I done some searching, and it seems that the 2007FPW has a slightly higher contrast ratio 800:1 rather than 600:1... does anyone know if these monitors are any good for gaming? like xbox 360? I currently have the Phillips monitor for the 360, but I may plug in the dell instead, and just use the dell one as a secondary monitor for gaming, and the Philips one as monitor 1... *confused*

Last edited:
Associate
Dark_Angel said:
Really? There is no difference what so ever? I had heard that the 2007 uses a different panel to what the 2005 does?
There are two 2007 models: 2007FP and 2007WFP. On 2007FP range, Dell switched to S-PVA panels and 2007WFP should keep the IPS legacy. Unfortunatelly, it's rather hard to confirm this (for now).

Soldato
OP
FPW is the wide version right? I really dont want to buy a normal FP as it wont have the same problem I am having now with a 4:3 CRT and a wide monitor (resolutions dont match, which just is a bit weird with window resizes and so on).

So um, what is the Dell like overall? is it worth just grabbing the 2005 instead of the 2007? I never really researched the 2005 that much. Guess its time to start?

Soldato
OP
I forgot to ask, what are the inputs like for the PS2 for example? If I use S-video for the PS2, does that mean I can use Progressive Scan, or is that only with component?

What is the image like on the 200XFPW with the PS2, I mean is it good enough to game on?

I was planning on using the Philips as a main monitor, and the Dell as the Media monitor, hooking up my 360, Cube and PS2. What are the colours and black depths like? from the reviews of the 2005FPW it seems the monitor is an excellent piece of kit...

Back
Top Bottom