MG ZRs

Soldato
Well been looking at swapping my 306 for an MG ZR (a grey, 3 dr 1.8 version) as they look cool as hell.

Can anyone link me up a reputable site that lists all the features for each model in this range.....

Soldato
From evo

evo said:
Checklist

* Engine: head gasket failure can cost thousands to repair. Signs include a wavering engine temperature gauge and 'mayonnaise' on the oil filler cap. Timing belts need replacing at 40,000 miles.

* Body: paint can scratch easily. Check for faults such as 'orange peel' and paint runs. Loose rear spoilers are common, and optional side skirts can work loose, too.

* Chassis: hard-driven cars suffer heavy tyre wear; replacements cost £100 each. Gear linkages can become slack, and clutch cables snap too frequently.

* Interior: loose trim, an ill-fitting glovebox and wobbly front seats are common, so ensure everything is tight and in place. Check radio and separate dash-top display match.

* Security: early cars lack a Category
1 alarm/immobiliser, while some insurance companies stipulate Tracker must be fitted. Central locking can be troublesome

Also i know people who have a 3yr old zr's that are rusting. :eek:

Associate
heh you think your french car is built badly, wait till you buy a car thats built by a workforce knowing its going under and about to be made redundant.i am a bit judgemental although i have many friends who used to work at the cowley factory and went to college and uni with a few of their aprentices and they are the same with the rover brand :) although i still think the 220 turbo is a cracking car :)

Soldato
Pretty much everything has been mentioned

As well as the checks mentioned above don't forget about the usual checks needed when you buy a used car. Make sure that the coolant is always topped up and don't rev it above 3000 rpm when cold

Good cars though

Caporegime
With such a massive choice of superior machinery out there , from manufacturers who hav'nt gone to the wall due to the fact their range was ,frankly, rubbish.

I'm astounded people are still considering Rovers.

suarve said:
Well been looking at swapping my 306 for an MG ZR (a grey, 3 dr 1.8 version) as they look cool as hell.

That sums it up nicely imo. :p Well, Hell is such a cool place isn't it? :D

Back
Top Bottom