Help with windows media connect & xbox360

Soldato
I've installed the relevant software and service pack 2 and it's all fine from the Windows side of things (xbox is recognised, folders are shared etc) but when i try to access my music from the xbox it says it can't find a PC and to test the settings.

I test them and the probs are there with it finding a PC and i check the settings and everything is set to automatic (IP addy, DNS etc)

Any suggestions? :)

Soldato
OP
I've set up the folders i want to share...a couple of them are on an external HDD that is turned on and working. xbox still just picking up a couple of albums i can't find (!) and the beethoven one!

Soldato
Tried&Tested said:
Ok, think i've got it going...but what a messy system. It seems that each album (that i have in its own folder) has to be shared individually?!!?

Hope someone can tell me otherwise.

Ye that correct you have to share every different album file. :(

Soldato
Bizarre. I have all my MP3s in sub-directories of c:\mp3; I shared that directory and all the albums contained within appeared on the 360. Also when I add new files they get automatically added, I don't have to re-share it PC-side.

Associate
Yep mines the same

Are you sharing the files via the xbox or the connect software on your pc? i have added all the folders i wanted voa the xbox and as with the guys above all my files are there and any new ones are added too

Caporegime
Actually instead of me starting up a new thread, i might as well ask here and hopefully someone can guide/help me etc.

I have winxp pro sp2 on my laptop and id like to be able to listen to my music from there on my 360. Now i know you can do it but from what i understand you need winxp media edition??...is that correct or do i just download the MCE extender onto my lapto and it will work with that??. Id rather not have to re-install a new copy of winxp on my lappy.

So can anyone clarify this for me and if its only the MCE extender i need, where do i get it from etc???

TIA:)

Back
Top Bottom