Football boots what to go for.. ?

Associate
Hi all,

Looking for some Firm ground boots for pre-season training / next season. Had some adidas predator pulse last season which fell apart! Also have some Soft ground nike total 90 zooms which are nice.

Was going to get some mercurial vapor II's but they seem very thin and I play in the centre of midfield so think i need something a bit more sturdy for when i get some sunday league lump stand on me ;)

Can any footballers here recommend a pair?

tia
Phill :cool:

Soldato
Can't really.. I've always loved predators I've had and they were what I was going to recommend.. I play right mid/ right wing/left mid

Soldato
Adidas Copa Mundial for summer weather, or the World Cup version for soft ground.

If you find a good deal anywhere please post a link in here, I'd be interested :)

Associate
Ive had the copas for a few seasons now and never looked back, they are an absoloutely awesome boot. Comfortable and great quality leather that has good durability. Ive also tried umbro speciali's which are bit harder to find in the shops bit very similar in design to the copas. The same leather is used to make them but they seem a little on the small side in comparison. Had a pair of size nines that were very tight. Both are quality boots though - its all about the white tounges!

Soldato
bjmerry said:
Ive had the copas for a few seasons now and never looked back, they are an absoloutely awesome boot. Comfortable and great quality leather that has good durability. Ive also tried umbro speciali's which are bit harder to find in the shops bit very similar in design to the copas. The same leather is used to make them but they seem a little on the small side in comparison. Had a pair of size nines that were very tight. Both are quality boots though - its all about the white tounges!

How much did you pay for yours and where did you get them from?

Associate
Ive bought copas from Sports World or Sports Soccer, what ever they call the place! They were £55 i think but are usually £60. You can pick up new pairs on ebay for around £40 though. Speciali's ive only found on ebay, dont have that many sport shops near me that sell them. They were a bargain and were only £30.

Ive got a pair of the studded predator mania's from a couple of seasons back and they're awesome. Maybe a bit heavier than the copas and perhaps a bit more suitable for someone who sticks there foot in a lot and makes a lot of tackles but I think thats just individual opinion. I think copas are perfect for an all round light, comfortable boot.

Soldato
phill said:
Hi all,

Looking for some Firm ground boots for pre-season training / next season. Had some adidas predator pulse last season which fell apart! Also have some Soft ground nike total 90 zooms which are nice.

Was going to get some mercurial vapor II's but they seem very thin and I play in the centre of midfield so think i need something a bit more sturdy for when i get some sunday league lump stand on me ;)

Can any footballers here recommend a pair?

tia
Phill :cool:

If you play in midfield you want boots with the reinforcements round the heels.
As in sturdier leather or think plastic surrounds.

Soldato
atpbx said:
If you play in midfield you want boots with the reinforcements round the heels.
As in sturdier leather or think plastic surrounds.

Can you recommend some good midfield boots? I'll need to pick some up when I head over to Uni but since I've mainly been playing five a side for the last five years I don't have a clue what's decent any more.

Soldato
IceBus said:
Can you recommend some good midfield boots? I'll need to pick some up when I head over to Uni but since I've mainly been playing five a side for the last five years I don't have a clue what's decent any more.

Nike Air Legend all the way. Fiberglass heel.

Associate
PUMA KING except no substitutes ,blades are ok for hard ground but studs are far better for any ground with a bit of give ,also seems to have been a few studies lately giving blades a bad name ratio-injuries seem to be far more knee injuries over the last 4-6 years since the introduction of blades

Associate
georges said:
Why aren't copas on the adidas site?
Because they're probably that well known now that they don't need to be advertised , which saves Adidas money.

As for a pair of boots I'd recommend any of the Nike air zoom total 90 range they're comfy and come with extra support aroung the back, I've two different pairs of these over the last 3 seasons and they've been great.

Soldato
IceBus said:

Anything like the Adidas Absolute/Pulse anything with the hard heels.

They used to have a model called the Supernova which i still wear when i play, these are almost the same.

You can see wear the protection extends over the majority of the tendons at the back of your foot, and around the side, for when you go crashing into tackles.

Soldato
bjmerry said:
I have a feeling Man Utd banned their players from wearing boots with blades?

They have, along with a few other clubs IIRC. I'd rather play safe than sorry tbh as I'm not sure what the uni pitches will be like.

Am I right in thinking that the Nike Air Legend for soft ground are exactly the same as the firm ground only they have studs rather than blades?

Back
Top Bottom