Design your Dream Case!

Soldato
We have had the Favourite, Least Favourite and all inbetween case threads, so how about the case that you want that you just can't get or it is impossible!
Rules are, it has to be possible to be made, so no 200mm front fans in a 190mm wide case, has to be possible!

I will start off with my dream case:

Would be a ATCs 110 Chassis, with 120mm front fans, same looks, and 120mm rear. The PSU compartment would be modified to easily accept modular PSU's but would only cost £200 new. Would be made by ATC-Tek not Coolermaster. The 120mm front would be possible by using a inner funnel from 80mm to 120mm; with the hard drives moved back slightly to facilitate the change.

cm1102.jpg

So go on then, if you wanted a case which would be your dream one?

Soldato
I think I could go with your suggestion there Yewen.
Just keep the price down a bit lower ;)

I'd like a really configurably case:

Standard Tower size.

Take the bit of the thermaltake armor where it is 5.25 drives all the way down the front.
Include a 120mm fan converter (like seen in the Stacker + armor) which you can install 4 hdds (places on their sides) like the Lian Li PC60 hdd rack (not sure whether these measurements would fit, but hey - its a dream case)
---- also the hdd rack must have anti vibration mounting ;)
This would have to have a clean 120mm whole in the front in which you can install a fancover of your choice.
No stupid flappy doors like the armor though. Nice clean front like the atcs 201

Also comes with a 5.25 drive that has a space for a floppy drive in it, with the power and reset buttons placed to the side (left and right to make it symetrical ***)

Removable mobo tray.

120mm rear fan.

Good quality psu rack, removable out of the back of the case, so you can put in the psu from behind without worrying that its gonna fall and land on your motherboard etc. (My GMono has this, not sure what other cases....)

Made of Alluminium ;)

Pre cut side window, nice clean cut, nothing fancy. (like the Lian Li ones)

Some form of wire management.

Might do some pics at a later point.

edit:

Siders77 just noticed your in Yate too! - where abouts to?

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine would look similar to the p180, but without the usb ports etc on the front, so basically a pure clean black box. The psu would be on the bottom like the p180, but would have the motherboard upside down like the lianli v1000. The harddrives would also be mountd horizontally sideways in the bottom compartment like the lian li. It would include a removable motherboard tray with plenty of space behind, to fit and route cables. The drives would all fit with rails, but it would also be possible to rtemove the rails and fit the drives normally. I would have 1x120mm panaflo fan at the front, one at the back and possibly 2 on the top, with fittings to fit a standard 120.2 rad. There would also be a 120mm fan in the bottom compartment, like the 180, but it would be slimline and have fanmesh on both sides. It would be all alluminium. It might also have an optional sidewindow.

Soldato
OP
Oooo you two are local, do a mini-meet after exams!

Good design siders, could go with that myself. Would want a fan at the top back of the case mind, just for SLI usage.

I was brainstorming the idea of a PSU box, not just a back plate but a whole box you removed that housed the PSU, could be a bit easier than having a huge plate at the back and would add some more strength to the whole case. Just a bit pricey but this is about dreaming. :p

Soldato
My gigabyte case with removeable internals, space for spare cables, and a 120mm top blowhole.

That's it really, i like it's looks and i wouldn't really justify spending so much more for the sexy ATCS range.

Associate
You'll probably all hate me but I designed one a while ago. It turns out that the new Dell XPS looks very similar! :(

It wasn't as tacky as Dell's but the whole "jet-engine" wind tunnel design was there...

Soldato
OP
JCBeastie said:
You'll probably all hate me but I designed one a while ago. It turns out that the new Dell XPS looks very similar! :(

It wasn't as tacky as Dell's but the whole "jet-engine" wind tunnel design was there...

Got any pictures or concept drawings you could show?

Soldato
Siders77 said:
Heh, small world.

About 5 mins away from Yate shopping Centre, Sunningdale. :) You?
Parnell Crescent (longs drive, station road)

Yeh seeing some concept drawings of the Dell-esque case would be cool.

Over the summer I may butcher some cases together to try and make mine!
lol. 90% chance that I won' ever get around to it, just lik with my last 2 case mods.

Soldato
OP
Oh my god! :eek:

That was subconciously intenetional as I was pimping them on the phone!

LORDI! :D

Yeh hoepfully get some pictures of it, would finnish the day of nicely. :p

Back
Top Bottom